Best/inexpensive source for files
I have a small supply of NOS files and rasps. PM me with what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I use the Nicholson 49 and 50 for wood shaping tasks, and most of my metal work files are Nicholson and I have had no complaints or found them wanting in any way.  I would love to try some Auriou rasps, but for the price difference I think I'll stick to the Nicholson Brand.

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
I own a couple of Corradi rasps from Italy and they are superb. They cut their teeth with a random pattern but, they use CNC machinery do to it as opposed by doing it by hand. They do make metal working files, but I've never used them so I can't speak of how well they work against any other makers. However, if they work as well as their wood rasps, they're worth the price.
More than a dozen years ago, Boggs was mentioned on the "Old Tools List", and I sent several dozen files and rasps-sharpened for about a buck each, better than new. If Boggs finds a file is beyond restoration, the handle is painted red, so they know not to try to sharpen it agan and returned to you at no charge. Funny thing is, the rejects are still better than anything new..

Not sure of their policy today, but years ago, you would send your files and with the return of sharpened tools, was the invoice. Very trusting!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Whole Sale tools has a very nice selection at very good prices and I have bought several things from them with quick shipping as well as good packaging.

https://www.wttool.com/search/go?w=files

They also sell Nicholson as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-15-2019, 03:33 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Whole Sale tools has a very nice selection at very good prices and I have bought several things from them with quick shipping as well as good packaging.

https://www.wttool.com/search/go?w=files

They also sell Nicholson as well.

Thanks, Arlin
Peter

My "day job"
I just walk into  Menard's, and pick up a few Stanleys.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(02-13-2019, 02:22 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Is Slav still selling files?

He was my source for when I first got my current batch of files and rasps.

Last time I saw Slav, actually at a CRAFTS of NJ tool auction tailgate in 2012, he had plenty....... (the second guy  to the right of Slav in the pic is a smiling Blacky's Boy!) ........

[Image: 7079772575_6c66c4c419_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I sent Slav a PM yesterday and hope I hear from him.  About 8 or 9 months ago or now thinking it was a year ago I bought a 6" and 12" hook ruler from him.  Hope he reply's back soon.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.