Toilet making a strange noise
Recently I had to use a plunger on our toilet. Since then when I flush I hear a gurgle then a normal flush. The flushing action is normal. When I was clearing the clog I did manually work the flapper, trying to put some water in the bow , but not overflow it.
I am going to look at it this morning.

Any ideas?

you pushed some golf balls up into the vent.  It's always the vent.
(02-16-2019, 07:29 AM)goaliedad Wrote: Recently I had to use a plunger on our toilet. Since then when I flush I hear a gurgle then a normal flush. The flushing action is normal. When I was clearing the clog I did manually work the flapper, trying to put some water in the bow , but not overflow it.
I am going to look at it this morning.

Any ideas?

Hold the handle down to let the tank fully unload and the bowl before it refills
John T.
Is it possessed??
Raised
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've seen a few that had something evil residing in them.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(02-16-2019, 04:08 PM)blackhat Wrote: I've seen a few that had something evil residing in them.

Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

wasn't there a thread here where someone had a blocked vent?  I'm pretty sure gurgling means a vent isn't working.  Maybe not golf balls though
Venting is often overlooked. This last week the vent pipe for our
furnace "over pressured" in gusty winds. The furnace read this as
NO vent, so shut down completely.

I have a good heater guy. Showed me where the reset is located so
that if it happens again someday....
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(02-17-2019, 11:37 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Venting is often overlooked. 

Looking where the op lives and recent very cold weather the vent may be frozen shut.    Roly
Is it asking for new paint behind it?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy