Latest project--Plant stand with a few build pics
LOML and I went to dinner at a cool pub that had an interesting plant stand in the entry. We took a couple pics, one with her standing beside the stand for scale, then I went to work. It's not a piece for every taste but we like it and it fits well in our home. It's all birdseye maple, the top and aprons are from the same board, the legs are all from one board as well. The legs are 48" high, 3 1/2" wide and just under 1 1/2" thick. The top and aprons are 7/8" thick. Finish is Bush Oil.

In this thread  I had asked for advise on joining the aprons to the legs at 45*. As always there were several folks, that gave me excellent guidance. 

First thing was to calculate dimensions and make a test leg out of 2X material. Once that was done I made a fixture (thanks R.Sam)  that served to both mill flats on  the legs to mate to the aprons and to rout loose tenon mortises. I used a 1/2" upcut spiral bit with a small pilot to mill the flats and a 1" pilot to cut the mortises.

Different stops to locate the mortises

Legs mortised

Mortises were cut in the aprons on my mortiser. Here's a dry fit before legs were shaped

Thanks for looking.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Looks nice and well made. 

It would fit in just about anywhere. Just change the plant based on location. 
Smile

---
See ya later,
Bill
Well done!

+ some more characters to get to 17
That is very nice Gary! Great selection of materials!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Very cool joinery.  The piece is pretty cool, too. 

John
I like it!
Yes 

Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Looks cool...were the legs inspired by any type of Asian architecture? Either way, whether or not this was your intention, the fact that they extend so far up above the platform certainly makes for an artistic built-in preventative measure against any plants falling off and getting damaged (or pots getting broken). As a last note, I think the medium light blue of that plant pot fits in nicely with the color of the Maple, so that was a great choice for potting that plant (or any plant, really)!
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
Thanks everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated. I believe the design is Asian, but I have no idea of the history. I took a photo of the underside of the top expecting to find the maker's name so I could research him but it was blank. LOML picked out the pot so I think it's perfect.

Thanks again, g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Good looking piece of furniture.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Very nice work. Good job on the mortise jig.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020