Twisting Luan
If you were felting the surface, simple upholstery board would be shaped around that corner and covered. Spray foam could carefully be used to fill that void and trimmed to the shape you need then glue the board over that.

I have used the spray foam to make a large pile, then cut it to shape as well.
Done!

The fabric softener helped, I think, though I had to soak the whole piece for 20 minutes. It also helped that I had some scrap already painted on the front side. The rear of the three plies sloughed off cleanly, which was OK. The other two remained tightly bonded.

I installed it wet and flexible, then let it dry in place, effectively using the van as a "mold." When I removed it to paint, it was "hard as a board."

Thanks to all for the brainstorming.

[Image: 66-FEC7-C4-20-BB-47-D7-8-AB4-1-FC5-AD4904-EB.jpg]

[Image: 267355-F6-466-B-42-E5-AB8-C-76-C2-AB6-C4478.jpg]
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson

Cool  Not bad, not bad. Reminds me of the headliner in my 65
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020