Local 3520b for.sale
One on CL near.me, $4,000. Presented as 10 hours of use, looks new.

My question is if the price is reasonable? If not, suggestions please.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
Seems kinda steep unless it comes with a lot of tooling. They hold their value relatively well, but generally speaking, used tools (even 10 hours used) start at ~ 50% of new and go up or down based on need/condition/etc.

Sounds like it may be mint or near so, but what about chucks, tools, etc. that may come with it? Those pieces add up QUICK.

A point of negotiation is that that is the last model and the new one is the C. TBH I don't know what changed and love my B, but it's a point you could negotiate on.

However, pricewise... They are ~$4500 new for a C model, you just missed a 10% off sale, and you'd get a warranty if you were buying from powermatic. Near new price for the last version of the lathe... pass.

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/216...520C-Lathe

Note: Call for our best price on a Powermatic 3520C Lathe!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Well seeing a new one only cost $3995 I would consider that price more then new and wonder what else comes with it? Something like I got the 18" extension and the remote cable and the cost with both of them were under $600.

If both of these were included I would say a good price would be $2400 to $2500 but no more and remember PM always has free shipping and at the right time they had either 15% or 10% off at the time.  When I got mine it was 15% but for the last 4 years it has been 10% off.  So take that into consideration of say 15% off of $4500 would be $675 to around $3825 so then a good price would be say $2300 to $2400 with the options of extension and cord. If it does not come with that then $2000 to $2100. JMO
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
4000 for a 3520b is too much. I paid 3500 two years ago new. If the bed extension and other accessories like tools are included the the price could be ok.

Arlin is right with 2500. While it might have low miles there’s no warranty and once you get over 3000k it’s getting close to buying a 3250c when you factor in the 10% off you get a few times a year.

I will say I love my 3250b so it’s worth seeing if you can negotiate a good price.
Don
Here is the list of included items:

-Powermatic 3520B Instruction Manual
-Oneway heavy duty 4 jaw scroll chuck + key
-Oneway #1 Jaws
-Oneway #2 Profiled Jaws
-Oneway Mega Jumbo Jaws
-1/2" Lathe Drill Chuck + key
-18" Bed Extension
-Tool Rest Extension Post
-3" face plate
-4" face plate (shown attached to sanding disk)
-Live Center
-Live center pin
-1" spur center
-Index pin
-Knockout rod
-Faceplate wrench
-Tool Caddy
-Comparator Centers
-Comparator Rear Bracket
-Woodworm screw
-Mandrel
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
The only real extras are the bed extension and Oneway items so maybe they are worth 700 so your not much under retail at 4000.00.

If it’s hardly used then paying 3200 to 3500 would be a good price in my opinion.
Don
Don

Maybe I am a tightwad but I do not think I would go over $2900 to your low of $3200.

It seems he is either going thru buyers remorse or found out he just does not like turning.  It also seems he wants the very most out of his remorse.  I do not really think it should go for that much just because....
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I thought that when I originally replied Arlin, but remember this is a B and not a C so it can't be remorse. It's been a few years since the B's were available.

I like my B, but I'd probably only ask for the $4k for mine or so (and I have 3 banjo's and one HELL of a lot more accessories. That said, if I ever upgrade to a Robust, many of the accessories will stay with me
Smile

This guy is hopeful, but I'd offer considerably less and see whether they bite. Too close to new prices otherwise.

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(02-20-2019, 04:27 PM)MichaelS Wrote: I thought that when I originally replied Arlin, but remember this is a B and not a C so it can't be remorse. It's been a few years since the B's were available.

I like my B, but I'd probably only ask for the $4k for mine or so (and I have 3 banjo's and one HELL of a lot more accessories. That said, if I ever upgrade to a Robust, many of the accessories will stay with me
Smile

This guy is hopeful, but I'd offer considerably less and see whether they bite. Too close to new prices otherwise.

Michael

Yah I know the C has been out for about two years.  It seems it has a few features the B does not have.  The only thing I dislike about the B is how the lock and that it does not work and have to use the collar pin to lock it down.