Figured Exotic Lumber - Boston, MA Area
Over the years I have amassed a decent sized collection of figured imported woods. I am looking to pare down my inventory and would prefer to sell locally instead of listing everything on eBay, as shipping costs are generally expensive due to the size of the boards. I have attached a screenshot of an Excel spreadsheet that lists what I currently have available for sale. Pictures will be forthcoming - just have to find some time to lay them out one by one and photograph front/back/side/detail. Attached are a few sample pictures of Spanish Cedar, Genuine Mahogany, and Pommelle Sapele.
I am located in central Massachusetts. I am willing to package and ship, however shipping full-size boards become pricey due to UPS's "large package surcharge". I can crosscut to length to avoid this if you'd like. If interested in several pieces, I am flexible on price and can give bundle pricing to make things easy, just let me know! Thank you, Nate

Attached Files Image(s)

Some very nice stuff listed there.  Wish I could get the Bubinga and Wenge
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
As mentioned, I am willing to ship the boards if anyone wants to pay the shipping. I can crosscut to specific lengths as well.
Just looking for a good home for most of these. I haven't had time in the last 5-10 years to do anything with most of my wood collection, so hopefully someone can put them to good use!

What are these boards?
Those are Pommelle Sapele. I have one 15", and one 21" (not 17" as noted in the spreadsheet). The 15" is pending sale.
That's what I thought but I've never had the honor of owning a board like that!
Smile
God! I wish I could get one of them! Beautiful!
Pommelle Sapele is quite rare in board form - all the logs are usually set aside for veneer, as the yield is increased significantly. Hearne Hardwoods occasionally has some.
A few years back my local lumber store had a stack of 5/4 sapele that was heavily figured with a character I'd describe as between pommele and quilt for $15/bd ft. I bought a few of the best boards and went home. I repented of not buying more and went back the next day to buy several more boards.

The boards shown above are better described as quilted figure, IMO. I have both types in my collection.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
$15 is an amazing price! Really that's a great price for any figured boards, in almost any specie.
I call it Pommelle since that is the most common type of figured Sapele, and it very closely matches any other Pommelle boards I've come across (online and in person). Also, in the interest of not re-inventing the wheel in regards to what it's called, I'll leave it as Pommelle. If I called it AAAAA quilted pommelle worm track waterfall beeswing Sapele, there would be a lot of questions, ha! The small pictures don't really do it justice either. I had close-ups of some of the boards on my older phone, which is unfortunately dead.