Educational video on drilling holes
I found this interesting video on drilling holes, good tips.
It is long.

drilling
(02-20-2019, 11:33 AM)Jack01 Wrote: I found this interesting video on drilling holes, good tips.
It is long.

drilling
Good worthwhile video.........There's a lot to know about drills and drilling and he just scratched the surface... Thanks for posting..

Here's a series of three excellent videos from mrpete222 on drill bits..The third in the series deals with sharpening them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJItj_ISurY
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Good video.......but.

He mentioned slow drilling. For wood, this may not work well with some bits like the twist bit. Usually higher speeds and slower feeds.

In metal- If you run a higher rpm, you must feed the bit faster to prevent overheating. Smaller bits- higher speed, large bits- slower speed.
(02-20-2019, 12:36 PM)daddo Wrote: Good video.......but.

He mentioned slow drilling. For wood, this may not work well with some bits like the twist bit. Usually higher speeds and slower feeds.

In metal- If you run a higher rpm, you must feed the bit faster to prevent overheating. Smaller bits- higher speed, large bits- slower speed.

Speaking of drilling into metal, I found a great video on youtube which I will try to post later when I get home. Anyway, I had to drill holes in a support bar for a barn door. I started drilling with a power drill and a bit and I got nowhere fast. I watched the video, switched to a battery powered drill and reduced my drill speed and watched for the metal pieces that the guy describes in the video and it worked great. I did start with t smaller bit before I moved on to the 3/8" bit.