Reusable dust mask
+1 with Mongo - the 3m filters are quite good.
+2 for Mongo.  I have a 3M filter mask.  It doesn't fog my glasses as long as I have the harness properly adjusted and that isn't difficult.  I just went down to the shop to check, but couldn't find a model number on it.  I think it's a 6000 series.  About $20.

Phil
(02-20-2019, 04:46 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: I have one of these in the way with some particulate filters.  It may be a bit overkill, but I'm planning on using it just for very dusty things or things like hand routing where dust collection doesn't work.  I've found that the worst for me is plywood sawdust.  I know there's more in there than just wood, so even more motivation to protect my lungs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IF7RBS4

I used this mask last night for some sanding and a compressed air cleanup of the shop to prep for polyurethane.  It works really well.  It fits better than my normal VOC mask.  I o have short facial hair, and it did not interfere.  The valving works well and it did not fog up my safety glasses at all.  There is a bit of nose-space competition between the mask and my safety glasses, so the glasses fit a bit further forward than normal.

I will never buy another paper face mask again.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
My favorite dust mask is this one.  I used to get it in hardware stores and they stopped selling it.  I was very happy to find it on ebay.  There are 3 big pluses over regular "cup like" masks.  

1. It's soft so the metal clip around the nose stays bent, unlike the other masks that tend to keep their round shape and keep spreading the clip.  This means the the air doesn't escape upwards and fog one's glasses.
2. It's pleated creating a large filter.  This translates to much better throughput.  When I breathe, I don't feel any resistance from the mask.  Almost as if I wasn't wearing one.
3. Also due it's softness it's very comfortable on the face.  It easily adapts to the shape of the face contributing to a better seal all around.
There may be a possible 4th plus for bearded faces.  With the pleats, it can be a bit roomier than non-pleated ones.  But having no beard, this is just a speculation.

I have tried many different disposable and reusable ones, and this one is a clear winner.  Also because I am more likely to put it on more often since I don't completely hate wearing it.