HANDTOOLS: Let's closeout the thread: D-7 now $89 Shipped.
It's been a while, winter is not altogether friendly to flea markets and estate sales, but I've gathered a few here and there, and the cold weather put me in the shop to rehab and sharpen some quality vintage saws, so without further ado . . . . here's a link to a Flickr album with gobs of pics, and I'll take it from the top of the album so you can follow: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...195447543/

First up is an absolutely crisp Millers Falls No 17 block plane (Stanley 9 1/2 equivalent) in the box. I bought it from they guy's daughter, it sat in a box for over 50 years and its crispness shows. zero, absolutely zero apologies, 100% everything. A great plane in collector quality shape, with original box. Nice heavy casting, will perform well. Yours for $45 plus shipping. They don't come along in this condition often.  Teaser pic:  SOLD[Image: 40185892213_ac8fe02499_b.jpg]

Next up is a not rare but not common either Stanley #100 1/2 squirrel tail convex block plane; great for smoothing hollows; heavy castings on this sucker, plenty of iron and its in very nice shape, check out the pics. LN sells them new for $99. Can be yours for $40 plus shipping; they go for more on ebay but I'm not looking for the last dime..... Teaser pic: SOLD[Image: 46427400634_55dc5fc016_b.jpg]

Next up is a very crispy, full set of 13, Stanley No 100RJ Russell Jennings brace bits in the original roll. Again, zero apologies, very little use, all in great condition, flutes and lead screws not buggered, just nothing bad at all to say about these bits. Price 'em new at TFWW and you'll see the value here, priced to sell at $100 plus shipping. LIKELY SOLD, 3 IN LINE Teaser Pic:  [Image: 46427399724_2d5fa48794_b.jpg]

As I said, I've gotten around to sharpening a few saws, and considering you pay sawsmiths $50 and up to joint, set and sharpen saws, and more on top to clean them up, I've tried to price these reasonably.
So, anyway, first one up is a Disston D-7, '40s vintage from the medallion, 8pt, 24" (larger panel saw), freshly jointed, set and sharpened cc by me with 15 deg rake and 25 deg fleam, and just a tad of slope; Plate was fully cleaned and is true, plenty of plate depth left on this saw, back of plate has some staining but not pitting, tested and it cuts very nicely; handle has no chips. Saw will make someone an excellent user, yours for $89 plus shipping. Check out the pics.  SOLD   Teaser:[Image: 46427398874_b523757047_b.jpg]

Now another saw, this one is fairly unusual, an 18" panel saw, D-8, medallion dates it '96-1917, 10pt filed crosscut by me, again, 15 deg rake, 25 deg fleam. Horn chipped but still feels good in the hand; Dad's like these to have their kids use them, but they are excellent for finer work at 10 point and also fit in a toolbox. Again, not rare, but not common either. Yours for $75 plus shipping. SOLD teaser pic:  [Image: 46236684505_10311b195a_b.jpg]

Next up is the only Art Deco eggbeater I've ever seen; this one is cast aluminium, the coolest design, sold by Sears branded Craftsman, I don't know who made it but its got an excellent Jacobs chuck, and its a smooth operator. Bakelite knob and screw cap for the bit storage in the handle. Super cool looking drill, I'll throw in the bits for free.... :-)..SOLD... yours for $30 plus shipping. teaser pic:  SOLD[Image: 47098527882_29f08a5574_b.jpg]

Next tool was an unusual purchase for me, as I generally don't buy the "transitional" wood planes made by Stanley, as they are generally trashed, have worn out soles and used up irons. This one was an exception, here's an "as found" Stanley #35 "Razee" smoother, all original, plenty of sole depth and mouth was not widened by repetitive jointing of the sole; triangle logo on the iron dates this plane to 1912-18; tote and knob solid, full japanning, plane was well kept. For those of you who appreciate using wooden sole planes, or for those who want to learn how sweet that can be, I got a good deal on it so this one can be yours for $35 plus shipping.  teaser pic:. SOLD[Image: 47160354301_1719b54a5e_b.jpg]

At the same place I got the #35, I also got this Stanley #4, desirable Type 11, same vintage. Again, well cared for and "as found" condition; I decided to leave the patina on this one, as it was pretty clean as it was; all metal solid, mechanically works as it should, no cracks, etc.; tote excellent for its age, knob has a chip or two on the rim which is typical, see pic; triangle logo on iron as well; all original and correct for type. Yours for $45 plus shipping for this T11 time capsule. teaser pic: SOLD[Image: 40195446823_2aa3487a63_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a combination deal including a brace and "short set" of Irwin pattern brace bits, ##4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 (in 1/16ths) which will cover you for the most used bits, and I've also thrown in an Irwin adjustable bit for even larger hole sizes. Original roll, "Lakeside" was the Montgomery Ward version of the Craftsman brand, these bits were likely made by Irwin for MW; I've even given them a touch up filing. Brace is a 10" Stanley No 965, ball bearing head, works as it should. This is a nice starter set for someone who wants to drill holes by hand. The brace, bit set and expanding bit can all be yours for $65 plus shipping.  teaser pic:[Image: 47160364251_f00284a52d_b.jpg]

That's all for now. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority. Please - include your full shipping address in the PM so I can print mailing labels and quote postage for your approval, it cuts down on PMing back and forth. I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just fine.

Thanks for looking. Quality tools, priced for users.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Nice to see you posting your good tool finds again.

Newbie alert - Admiral is a go - to guy for quality old tools.
Nice to see you posting your good tool finds again.

Newbie alert - Admail is a go - to guy for quality old tools.
(02-20-2019, 07:24 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Nice to see you posting your good tool finds again.

Newbie alert - Admail is a go - to guy for quality old tools.

Thanks, I’m blushing......

The MF Block, Squirrel Tail, Cman Drill, #4 and transitional Razee are sold.
(02-20-2019, 07:27 PM)Admiral Wrote: Thanks, I’m blushing......

The MF Block, Squirrel Tail, Cman Drill, #4 and transitional Razee are sold.

No need to blush, you always sell quality tools at a fair price.  I have always been very satisfied with my purchases from you.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(02-20-2019, 07:22 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Nice to see you posting your good tool finds again.

Newbie alert - Admiral is a go - to guy for quality old tools.

2nd that!

We have an unusually high percentage of quality folks offering tools and other items here. Admiral is definitely one of those good ones.

Now then, why are we telling the newbies to try to beat us to the good stuff??  
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Ditto on the kudos- Admiral’s stuff is always top-notch. I’ll take the D-8 if it’s still available. Sending Pm.
Ok, just to update, all that is not spoken for is the very nice D-7 handsaw, and the Brace/Bits combination.  You gotta be quick around here I guess...
The brace and bit set combination is sold.

Only the very nice D-7 remains.
(02-21-2019, 05:40 PM)Admiral Wrote: Only the very nice D-7 remains.

Let's close out this thread.  D-7 is now $89 shipped to you in the lower 48.