Relocate Vanity Drain in Wall
I can see the pics.

As long as you can get the drain line that's in the wall to run at the proper slope and get it hooked to the vent stack, I think you'll be OK.  Without really seeing what's in the wall behind the current vanity it's hard to really tell for certain.  Do you know the routing of that drain line and how it gets to the sewer/septic?
Don't forget there is a vent line also.   Roly
(02-23-2019, 07:14 AM)WxMan Wrote: I can see the pics.

As long as you can get the drain line that's in the wall to run at the proper slope and get it hooked to the vent stack, I think you'll be OK.  Without really seeing what's in the wall behind the current vanity it's hard to really tell for certain.  Do you know the routing of that drain line and how it gets to the sewer/septic?

I won't really know until I get the drywall opened up.  However this is in my basement....the outside of this wall is cinder block foundation, so the only things in the wall should be this plumbing and possibly (but not likely) electrical for this bathroom.  The drain should drop from the wall, down into the concrete of the basement floor and go from there.  I didn't even think about the vent...but it should be running up this wall and into another/already existing vent...likely for my laundry room which is one floor up and about 10 feet away.  I doubt this has it's own/dedicated vent.
(02-23-2019, 08:33 AM)Roly Wrote: Don't forget there is a vent line also.   Roly

Yep...I completely missed that thought....thanks guys!
(02-23-2019, 07:14 AM)WxMan Wrote: I can see the pics.

"Proper slope"  Totally understand the concept...but in a practical/real-world sense...if I am moving this over a matter of two feet....what would be the correct slope?
(02-25-2019, 10:18 AM)brnhornt Wrote: "Proper slope"  Totally understand the concept...but in a practical/real-world sense...if I am moving this over a matter of two feet....what would be the correct slope?

A minimum of 1/4" per foot, so at least a 1/2" drop over the 2 foot length for the 2".   Roly
Welp...I got lucky.  Opened up the wall last night to find that the drain is already in the middle of the room.  That got my juices flowing and have now decided that since I am shrinking this bathroom anyway...I might as well get the most bang (space) for the labor.  My plan now is to install a corner pedestal sink to the right of the toilet.

Here's a shot of the whole space:

So can you guys check my thoughts/process?  
- Cut the horizontal 1.5" drain pipe as close to the tee as I can.  
- Cut the vertical 1.5" vent as close to the tee as I can.  (I'm thinking to be safe I'll apply some kind of support so the pipe doesn't want to be pulled down by gravity...just an abundance of caution)
- Cut the 3" pipe as close to the tee as I can.
- Dry fit new 3" tee, with 1.5" female facing to the right rather than the left.
- Measure and then cut the existing 1.5" pipe down to length to fit as close to the right-corner stud as I can (is there code for how close to the stud it can/should be?)
- Dry fit new reduction adapter for vent.
- Measure and cut (if necessary) existing 1.5" vent.
- Say prayer and glue everything.

Here's a closer shot of the existing junction that I'm basically swapping out:

Thanks again for y'all's advice!
Kevin
Two things, step 1 is get that toilet out of the way.  Step 2 is make sure that stack isn't carrying any upstairs fixtures that you can't live without whilst doing the job.  Step 3 is figure out where the sink vent is tied in.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(03-22-2019, 11:09 PM)blackhat Wrote: Two things, step 1 is get that toilet out of the way.  Step 2 is make sure that stack isn't carrying any upstairs fixtures that you can't live without whilst doing the job.  Step 3 is figure out where the sink vent is tied in.

Thanks!  Didn't even cross my mind about drains upstairs.

The sink currently does not have a dedicated vent.  Just moved the insulation a bit for a better view:

If you are concerned with codes for the future it does not look like there will be the required 30" from the center of the toilet to the edge of the pedestal sink.   Roly