Benchtop Tablesaw Recomendation
Hi,

I'm in need of a benchtop tablesaw to use in my garage. I now live in a 55+ community with a full shop. There are times I don't want to drive up just to rip one board. Plus, it's not open every day. I always buy the best possible so I'm not looking for a cheap piece of junk. It needs to make finished quality cuts.

Thanks

Mike
(02-23-2019, 11:02 AM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi,

I'm in need of a benchtop tablesaw to use in my garage. I now live in a 55+ community with a full shop. There are times I don't want to drive up just to rip one board. Plus, it's not open every day. I always buy the best possible so I'm not looking for a cheap piece of junk. It needs to make finished quality cuts.

Thanks

Mike

Don't have a benchtop saw, but here's a start.

Doug
Skip the portable bench top saws and acquire a track saw. Lighter weight, easier to move, transport and store. I find mine extremely accurate, has better dust control and is safer to operate. Best thing is that I don’t need any special jigs, miter gauges, and a host of safety items that
I may or may not use as required.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I never thought that I would like this one but it's what my employer bought for me. Now that I've used it for a few months, I like it.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/dewalt-10-in-ca...BmEALw_wcB

I really like the new gear drive to raise and lower the blade, nice improvement.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I would take a hard look at the Ridgid.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(02-24-2019, 09:51 AM)messmaker Wrote: I would take a hard look at the Ridgid.

I have an older Ridgid contractor saw, love it. I had a Ridgid jobsite saw, hated it for one reason only. The throat plate was just a piece of sheet steel. Due to the design, I never could make a ZCI, maybe I didn't think it through.

I still prefer the Dewalt, just my opinion.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(02-24-2019, 09:51 AM)messmaker Wrote: I would take a hard look at the Ridgid.

This.  I don't use it often, but I'm always impressed by my portable Ridgid. The equivalent Bosch is also very good. They've even improved a few things since I bought mine like a riving knife.

[Image: 20080208_Woodshop_a.jpg]
(02-24-2019, 04:40 PM)Cian Wrote: This.  I don't use it often, but I'm always impressed by my portable Ridgid. The equivalent Bosch is also very good.  They've even improved a few things since I bought mine like a riving knife.

[Image: 20080208_Woodshop_a.jpg]

I had a very large saw, a Delta 12/14 and sold it a few months ago and picked up a Bosch 4100-09 with the gravity rise stand.  Its the slightly earlier model and has a few more metal parts instead of plastic.   I haven't used it much since I got it late in the year, but the few cuts I made were very clean and square.  I got it for about 100 off the store price, since it was old stock and I got a military discount to boot.

I could have gotten the Ridgid or the Hitachi for about a hundred or so less.  They are also nice saws but I liked the fence on the Bosch better.  

This is the best review I found when I was looking:

Thanks

Mike

My first table saw was the Dewalt benchtop. It had enough power to do what I wanted and it was square and accurate. It could also take a Dado blade. The rack and pinion fence was pretty cool too. I have never used the Bosch but in support of Bosch, they are one of my favorite companies so I bet their saw is a solid choice too.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I posed a similar request here about a year ago, and though I have a Festool track saw, I needed a table saw for small pieces that were repeatable.

I received a number of suggestions including Rigid, DeWalt, and others, but I settled on the Bosch job-site saw because it had a fold-up capability and took up minimum
m floor space when not needed. It has met all my expectations.

BTW, I moved from a basement shop in Ohio to a garage shop in the Florida panhandle.

r2