Recommend an air hose
Hello all,

I have a small 6 gallon compressor that I keep tucked in the corner of the shop.

The air hose that comes with that is stiff and very uncooperative to work with.

Do you have a recommendation for an air hose that is easy to move around and is flexible?

I mainly use it for an air nozzle to blow dust off of things and the occasional brad.

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"
(02-24-2019, 07:46 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Hello all,

I have a small 6 gallon compressor that I keep tucked in the corner of the shop.

The air hose that comes with that is stiff and very uncooperative to work with.

Do you have a recommendation for an air hose that is easy to move around and is flexible?

I mainly use it for an air nozzle to blow dust off of things and the occasional brad.

Thanks

Rubber.

If you go to Home Depot, their air hoses are rated on the package for flexibility, and other characteristics.
You will pay for what you desire.
But only once.
I have a 50' Flexzilla air hose.  Remains flexible when cold; while my shop is heated, my maintenance temp in the winter (like now) is 40 degrees.

I've had the hose in service now for at least four years.  I've been happy with it.

Available online or at retailers.  IIRC, I bought mine in an order from Lee Valley.
(02-24-2019, 08:51 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have a 50' Flexzilla air hose.  Remains flexible when cold; while my shop is heated, my maintenance temp in the winter (like now) is 40 degrees.

I've had the hose in service now for at least four years.  I've been happy with it.

Available online or at retailers.  IIRC, I bought mine in an order from Lee Valley.

I put a Flexilla hose on my HF hose reel.  Works great and is much more flexible.
I've been using Grip Rite with my portable air compressor and like it a lot.  Stays flexible to -40F, though I've never used it below maybe 10F so I'll take that on faith.  Besides staying flexible it doesn't easily kink and has been very durable.  

John
If you want to make a statement and be more fashionable then definitely Prevost by all means. Rockler carries them.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(02-24-2019, 08:51 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have a 50' Flexzilla air hose. 

Get a Flexzilla. I've seen them at Menards too.
I've had this hose for a few years and it's very flexible and inexpensive.
https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-x-50...60354.html
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
For some time a lot of folks recommended the Flexeel air hose. I bought a short one and while it's supple and easy to curl...if it rubs against itself it's a pain.....like while you're coiling it up. I then bought a Flexilla. It's the cat's meow for air hose (garden hose. too). Easy to coil, even in cold temps....and a great buy at Menards. I'm now considering a Flexilla for the pressure washer.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
i framed houses for quite a few years and used many different hoses. working auto body in my home shop i used air quite a bit. 
flexzilla has been the best for me.