Plastic Tool Cases
Does everyone hang on to the plastic tool boxes some tools come in or do they toss them?  I have a bunch of them and I really don't know if I should toss them or not.
Some I use, the others get thrown in the attic.

I see them & the tool bags on c-list for $5 or so.

Ed
I am not an innately neat/organized person so I keep and use all the plastic cases that come with my tools. For me, it would be a chaos of chords and misplaced accessories if I didn't.
Mine get  tossed, with very few exceptions. I had one Festool case I actually sold on S&S to reduce the cost of my track saw. I've read (several times) they are very popular at yard sales. I know a couple of times when setting them out with the trash, I deliberately put the trash out a little early with the tool cases in front of the can. They disappeared before the trash guy arrived.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
There's going to be several different opinions on this, based on individual perspectives and circumstances.  I keep mine.  I use them to store tools/accessories that aren't used all the time and/or I use them when transporting tools off-site.  They do take up a lot of space, but they are somewhat stackable, thus maybe easier to store than the loose tools and all the extra stuff that comes with them.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I always donate those things to the local Baggage handler's school, otherwise, they are useless.
I have a few tools still in the cases, probably the ones I don't use that often. Probably better for tools with lots of small parts that can get lost. Really a personal preference as to how you work and keep things organized.
(02-26-2019, 10:23 PM)bmich Wrote: Does everyone hang on to the plastic tool boxes some tools come in or do they toss them?  I have a bunch of them and I really don't know if I should toss them or not.

I've bolted them to my ATV and Mower as cheap tough tool boxes.  I've also used them to carry booster cables and other car gear in the vehicles.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I always keep the box or case for things like routers, and nail guns.  I do not loose accessories that way.  If you have other methods to keep those odd items organized, available, and remember where they are stored, then get rid of the cases.
I keep them in case I want to sell the tool in the future.  The not so frequent used tools are stored in the boxes.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"