And Now for Something Completely Different
A friend of ours makes and sells soap.  She brought a couple of rough designs to me and asked me to make a soap mold and cutter.  I had never thought about how soap was made in small scale (I imagine high volume is similar to injection molding).  She is working with a smaller mold and a knife, but needs to increase her batch size.  I can say with complete certainty that this is the best soap mold and cutter I have ever made.  
Laugh

One of the pictures shows routing the slots in the sliding table.  When I built this workbench, I put a Peachtree T-Track in the middle and have a few different styles of hold-down clamps.  I really like it when stuff like that is useful.

Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Pretty cool. Any clue how it works?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
What size bars is it cutting? Getting any free bars?
Raised
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Looks like 3 guillotines.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
"What size bars is it cutting? Getting any free bars?"

It cuts the large slab into 3.5" chunks, then those are cut into bars with a knife. My wife gets sample stuff from her quite a bit, usully experimental batches.
Miss Tina makes all natural soaps, they are very popular.  I have made several projects for her including stands for display when she goes to craft shows, and soap savers for her to sell from cedar.  The cutter looks nice, but I would need to see how it works.  I have seen a number of designs, most use Guitar Strings as cutters.

Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
This uses the guitar strings as well. Zoom in on the last two pictures and you'll see them.
Quote:It cuts the large slab into 3.5" chunks, then those are cut into bars with a knife.

You've made a pretty slick rip-cut sled for the slab ... looks like you (your soap making friend) now need a cross-cut sled to cut the "chunks" into bars.

I have no idea how much is being produced, but time is money.
Wink
~Dan.
I have to say that is the finest soap mold cutter that I have ever seen.  First one too.  Very nice.
Well done buddy.
Yes
Yes

My wife as wanting to make soap for us and the kids so maybe in the future I will have to get back with you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.