Laguna Revo 18/36
Does anyone out there have a  Laguna Revo Lathe that had to deal with their support?  Have a 1 month old Revo 18/36 and the motor is doing weird stuff.  Push the start button and motor starts, but as soon as you take your finger off, the motor stops.  Other times you press the start button, nothing happens.  When it does start to spin, as soon as the tool contacts the wood, the motor comes to a stop.  Called their support and they said they were sending 2 parts, both in stock, and it would take 2-3 days,well, haven't seen any parts for 6 days and weather isn't bad between Reno and southern calif.
I haven’t dealt with them personally but I’ve heard mixed reviews. Keep called them and also ask for a tracking number.
Frank
I have had an 1836 for 2 plus years and have not had one problem, it's a great lathe. I purchased the 20" bed extension kit about 3 months ago and the tool post extension broke on the first bowl I turned. I called Laguna to let them know, they wanted a photo emailed to show the damaged part. The person emailed me back and said they would be shipping the replacement but after 2 weeks it still had not showed up. I called again, spoke with a different person, he apologized for the delay and shipped it out right away, had it in like 3 days.
I called Laguna shortly after purchasing my lathe to inquire about buying the vacuum adaptor for the spindle vs buying the whole kit. They said I could buy just the adaptor for like $95 which I did and a few days later the whole kit showed up, still only paid what he had quoted, it works great by the way.
I have heard of others having to make a follow up call to keep there case moving but for the most part it seems they have stepped up their customer service and do a decent job with it.
It looks like Craft Supply quit carrying them because of Laguna's customer service.

It looks like Woodcraft is still carrying them. If you have a WC close to you, you might see if they can provide support for your problem.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(03-03-2019, 02:44 PM)iclark Wrote: It looks like Craft Supply quit carrying them because of Laguna's customer service.

It looks like Woodcraft is still carrying them. If you have a WC close to you, you might see if they can provide support for your problem.

Yep Awesome products and the worst customer service and next up is Rikon's customer service which is almost as bad.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks for the replies!  Will be calling Laguna tomorrow, again.  I did write a negative review with Woodcraft (who I purchased from), and they haven't posted, guess I'll call them too...  I agree, it is a solid lathe, when it works....
Well this is disconcerting. Do keep us posted.
Called this morning and parts were shipped via FedEx Ground and are in Sparks NV (Main hub here).  What's odd is the path it took through FedEx's system.  From Carson to Irvine, ground shipping takes 2, no more than 3  days,  but over 6 days??  Oh well, hopefully today I can get this running again.
So it looks like Laguna is taking care of you, but what did they actualy send you - a new controller or motor or??
(03-04-2019, 12:26 PM)Cian Wrote: So it looks like Laguna is taking care of you, but what did they actualy send you - a new controller or motor or??
They sent a new start/stop switch and a relay.  Said loose contacts on the relay could cause this.  That was one of the things I checked and they seemed pretty snug.  The new relay supposedly has the wires soldered to it.  Due to delays in FedEx, will hopefully get them tomorrow.