Bessey face frame clamps w/ drill bushing
I've often thought I would go with the Pony brand if I ever bought any.

https://www.amazon.com/Pony-8510BP-Cabin...WVZE4YFE4X
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have two of the Pony version of these.
As an amateur, I was glad to have them when I redid my kitchen.
Are they necessary? Of course not, but I think they are worth the money.
It's nice to have two screws to align it in two dimensions.
The Pony version looks like it now comes from the same factory, painted orange.
I just use a pair of one-handed "Quick-clamps", and if there's room above, one more to clamp a board to the top of the cabinet I'm hanging. That one will take most of the weight and hold the tops flush while I clamp them together. I use a piece of strapping to hold the free side up to the line, check for square, check for twist, then drill, shim and screw. Next.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Interesting that the Bessey and the Pony look almost identical, they have similar model numbers (8511 & 8510) and the Amazon description is almost identical (Pony has some more verbiage). But the Pony's are two for the price of one Bessey.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Pony has made those for a very long time. Their very first run of those did not have a place to drill a hole into your stiles.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There is NO WAY I’d ever install someone else’s cabinets without these things.

The cabinets they got are nowhere near square and the stiles nowhere near straight.

As a result the stiles were a bear to clamp. Honestly I’m not sure the three screws I used will hold, I think they could call tomorrow and tell me something snapped/cracked/broke.

These are unfinished oak cabinets from Menards. The backs appear to have been cut square but the face frames aren’t really square.

I’m just praying that the screws hold.

But yeah the clamps are awesome.
Just for the record, I created the video for this clamp.

Yes, it is designed for a #8 screw. The drill guide swings away so you can drive the screw with the clamp in place keeping cabinets in line.

A drywall screw may well break or not set properly in this application. But a commercial grade cabinet screw with a self sinking head (very common in cabinet shops) works just fine, especially with square drive.

Another tip is to setthe clamp so that the fastening screw is driven under where the hinge clips will mount. This eliminates the need to cover these screws.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(03-05-2019, 12:18 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Pony has made those for a very long time. Their very first run of those did not have a place to drill a hole into your stiles.

Pony is no longer in business, which is why Bessey started making their version.
You can still find some Pony stock, and on the yard sale circuit, but Pony is not making more.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(03-07-2019, 09:40 AM)handi Wrote: Pony is no longer in business, which is why Bessey started making their version.
You can still find some Pony stock, and on the yard sale circuit, but Pony is not making more.

I know. Now under chinese? ownership.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020