Your preference for dadoes --TS or RAS?
(03-13-2019, 09:34 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I still have my RAS blade. DML, I'll see if I can come up with a #

Thanks but it looks like they are no longer in business. 

John
(03-13-2019, 12:13 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Thanks but it looks like they are no longer in business. 

John

I'm not finding anything either. Must have been bought out.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Quote:...I've always thought my RAS is "properly adjusted/maintained" but I've experienced climb cuts while using it, not with a dado stack but several times with a crosscut blade.  Do you have any insights about what I might need to adjust to prevent it from happening? 

With all due respect, I don't know what saw you have, or how it is or is not maintained, or, with 10,000 posts whether or not you're simply trolling, however, if your saw tends to climb, it would certainly be more prone to doing so when using a dado, so that alone seems somewhat odd. 

The condition of the bearing Ways is the most critical component, in that if they are worn no amount of adjustment will "fix" the problem, they have to be perfectly flat.   That aside, the bearings should be adjusted sufficiently tight such that it requires at least two or three pounds of pull to move the head. 

My first RAS was a Crapsman, given to me by a friend, who was afraid of it, and rightly so.   It was as loose as a goose, in that the head would actually move around.   I got the manual and enlisted the help of an older friend (who has since passed), who owned a mill works company, and learned how to get it adjusted properly in a few hours.   I never had problems with climbing, or it's alignment for the several years I owned the saw.   I used it for just about any task that was conveniently done with a board, as opposed to sheet goods. 

When I bought my 12" Delta Turret, I passed the Craftsman along as I received it, giving it to a fellow just starting in woodworking, along with a little advise.