Help! I sprayed latex on MDF
On the plus side, MDF takes paint beautifully.  It has a lot of down sides, but taking paint is not one of them.  Only the machined surfaces need special attention (for paint) and joinery is sometimes challenging.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-05-2019, 11:34 AM)CLETUS Wrote: I wasn't familiar with this product... 

I found the instructions amusing... for tough stains they tell you to use shellac based BIN primer. I guess I'd stick with that...
Raised

The only thing that drives me bonkers on shellac primers is that they're awfully thin (when premixed).  Has anyone ever thickened them by allowing the alcohol to evaporate for a while?

I swear they must have done that when I was a kid and they were fixing walls in the school I was attending.  The alcohol smell was unmistakable but the primer thicker then anything I've used.  Those guys were craftsmen.
(03-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: The only thing that drives me bonkers on shellac primers is that they're awfully thin (when premixed).  Has anyone ever thickened them by allowing the alcohol to evaporate for a while?

I swear they must have done that when I was a kid and they were fixing walls in the school I was attending.  The alcohol smell was unmistakable but the primer thicker then anything I've used.  Those guys were craftsmen.

That might have been oil based primers, though  Zinsser has been making the shellac based primer since the 1850s or so.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: I swear they must have done that when I was a kid and they were fixing walls in the school I was attending.  The alcohol smell was unmistakable but the primer thicker then anything I've used. 

I don't know how long they've been around... but epoxy paints have been used in schools and industrial settings for awhile.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I’m not up to speed on all the commercially available interior wood primers on the market today but I’ve never used a WB wood primer for the simple fact they don’t get hard enough to sand worth a hoot.