how long before cherry color stabilizes
It will continue to darken for years ... just at a diminishing rate.   Even the covered parts will darken eventually.   I cut up some Cherry that was over 80 years old, and it was dark all the way through ... none of the typical Salmon color deep inside.

I did my upper kitchen cabinets in cherry 10 years ago. Last year, I got around to doing the slab doors.
The doors are almost white in color compared to the boxes on the wall.
I'd say inside, my doors will probably take another year to even get close to the color of the boxes.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Do not ask me where I read this but several years ago I read that it takes about 50 years to for color stabilization completely.  I am thinking it was one of the big guys who did furniture restoration on a DVD but not sure if it was in one of the older books.

Again thinking on the same DVD it talked about Fuming it to get it darker quicker to.  Sorry I can not help you more.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have a stock of 50+ year old rough sawn cherry I’ve been using for years. I have no need to buy cherry, but still look at it in the lumber yard. It amazes me how light the fresh boards are compared to the old stuff. I can vouch that it eventually darkens through the entire board.
John
(03-04-2019, 04:51 PM)BrentDH Wrote: I just finished a couple cherry end tables.  Brought them upstairs and helped rearrange the furniture.  My wife immediately puts the table lamps on them and I tell her she can't do that because the cherry will darken in the sunlight and the lamp base will leave a light spot.  Of dopourse she was unimpressed with that.  What have others done in this situation?  Move the lamp to a new spot every day?  Leave them in the shop for 6 months before you put them into use?  How long do I have to be concerned about this?  I did stain them so the difference will not be quite as drastic as it would be with natural cherry.  Any thoughts?

How long do you expect to live?  
Winkgrin

The cherry table I made many years ago is still getting darker though it doesn't even sit near a window.
I saw some cherry chairs in a museum once that were made in (I think) the 1600s that looked like ebony -- black.