Night Stand
Stwood, Brnhornt, thanks for commenting.

Marine, thanks for the advice. It is appreciated.

--
See ya later,
Bill
(03-05-2019, 08:27 AM)Bill_de Wrote: Glad you like it, thanks.

I was a Huey passenger many times, a couple of years after you made it back to the world. You guys took us into some very "interesting" places. 

--

Glad you had the opportunity to travel in style in one of the best aircraft ever. I was on a gunship, we never, well rarely ever carried anyone beyond the crew. We did however carry 14- 2.75" rockets and around 12,500 rounds of 30 cal  for the mini guns and door guns. Wake up flavor with no caffeine.
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(03-08-2019, 09:09 PM)shoottmx Wrote: Glad you had the opportunity to travel in style in one of the best aircraft ever. I was on a gunship, we never, well rarely ever carried anyone beyond the crew. We did however carry 14- 2.75" rockets and around 12,500 rounds of 30 cal  for the mini guns and door guns. Wake up flavor with no caffeine.

I got to blow up a Cobra. One went down a couple of klicks from where we were working. The crew got out with jungle penetrators, but command wanted the bird destroyed . Our sergeant, a radio operator, and myself collected all the C-4 from the guys (cold c-rats that night) and headed out. We put the C-4 in all the specified locations and stuffed the rest wherever we could. Some blasting caps, det cord and a fuse and we were good to go. We got down behind a natural berm and BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

We should have moved back a little further. [Image: crazy.gif]  There was very hot stuff raining down on us for what seemed like forever. Never so happy to have a helmet. Of course when we got back to the platoon it was just, 'mission accomplished', and some burn ointment from our medic.

---
See ya later,
Bill
I was a gunner myself on CH46s, sometimes CH53s.. But my primary MOS was 46 avionics.  When we deployed, we took 46s, 53s, Hueys, Cobras, and for longer deployments... 
Rolleyes ... Harriers.  That's right, we bad. 
Yes  At first, I crossed trained on everything, then supervised work on all of it.  I loved helos. 
Laugh
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nice. I like the color and all the trim details.
Thanks Wood chips.
I hesitated using walnut Danish Oil on bubinga, but I'm happy with it.

---
See ya later,
Bill
Every time I see something made from bubinga, I think of David Marks.

Outstanding results!!!
(03-11-2019, 04:12 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Every time I see something made from bubinga, I think of David Marks.

Outstanding results!!!

I agree, David's work is outstanding!
Yes

Thanks for commenting Philip.

--
See ya later,
Bill
Really nice, I like the color and the drawer details.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

(03-17-2019, 09:33 AM)jgourlay Wrote: Really nice, I like the color and the drawer details.

Thanks very much. I keep trying.

__
See ya later,
Bill