Mobile Base for Garage Workshop
Hi all,

I'm finally back at doing woodworking after 3 years since moving to South Carolina. I left our big house with a 2,500 + sq ft basement shop. Now I'm working out of my garage and a woodshop that is part of our community. I plan on using some of the power tools there but all the assembly and hand work will be done in my garage.

I need some ideas for mobile bases for the following:
  • Dewalt Sliding miter saw
  • Drill press
  • Mortiser
I need to store them against the wall and move them to the center when in use. Yea, I can build a stand with wheels but I'm looking for something over the top that I have not thought of. Some pictures would be great.

Thanks all.

Mike
(03-04-2019, 08:28 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi all,

I'm finally back at doing woodworking after 3 years since moving to South Carolina. I left our big house with a 2,500 + sq ft basement shop. Now I'm working out of my garage and a woodshop that is part of our community. I plan on using some of the power tools there but all the assembly and hand work will be done in my garage.

• Drill press
  • Mortiser
I need to store them against the wall and move them to the center when in use. Yea, I can build a stand with wheels but I'm looking for something over the top that I have not thought of. Some pictures would be great.

Thanks all.

Mike

I bought one of these, and have no complaints.  Well made, sturdy, and folds up easily with saw mounted.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Unive.../206992161
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-04-2019, 08:28 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi all,

• Drill press
  • Mortiser

Thanks all.

Mike

Cabinets on wheels work. I prefer drawers underneath.

--

Attached Files Image(s)

See ya later,
Bill