16" jointer
I would have a heck of a time getting that down in the Basement 
No
No
No
No
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(03-07-2019, 08:45 AM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Well it's a European machine so that guard is called a bridge guard and is actually the standard for most machines over there. Look at the Hammer or Felder machines they have a similar style.

[Image: 00x0x_jOpK5iJY46U_600x450.jpg]

No
(03-07-2019, 09:02 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: I would have a heck of a time getting that down in the Basement 
No
No
No
No

Naaaahhhhhh....just sit it in the family room, it'll find it's way to the basement.
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-07-2019, 08:45 AM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Well it's a European machine so that guard is called a bridge guard and is actually the standard for most machines over there. Look at the Hammer or Felder machines they have a similar style.

My MiniMax FS-35 has a pork chop guard.  Machines imported to the US didn't always have Euro guards.  Anyway, here's a photo of the Seco for sale.

[Image: 482XuXnvf22ctArGOnVX9zPaYmxkQHYKSTMCZR-x...70-h626-no]

It has a Euro guard on it, but it doesn't look original.  And it also has a mount for a pork chop guard just in front of the cutterhead's left bearing.  If you look at the last photo in the link showing the machine specs. you'll see a pork chop guard.  A pork chop guard on a 16" machine gets pretty cumbersome with a wide board; it's hard enough to work around it on my 14".  That's probably why the one on this machine got changed to a Euro type guard at some point.  

If you've never seen a waterfall guard they are a very clever solution to the problem of pork chop guards on wide machines.  Here's one on my friend's 16" Zefam jointer.  It operates like a pork chop guard but flows down over the side of the machine as it opens.  Very clever. 

[Image: _F9CbwAXtoTWM1-YWdmPSanscph13upffCJoMHyV...00-h450-no]

John
(03-07-2019, 09:02 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: I would have a heck of a time getting that down in the Basement 
No
No
No
No

Bucket of grease on the top step, then give it a shove..
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Sorry I meant if it's a European machine, but it could be manufactured over there for European specs. I have no idea, but that is the same style guard as my Hammer A3-31.
Where's the jointer?

I only see a land-locked aircraft carrier.
(03-08-2019, 01:48 AM)joey81 Wrote: Where's the jointer?

I only see a land-locked aircraft carrier.

That's a little guy.  The Zefam I posted a picture of probably weighs twice as much (over 1600 lbs) and has tables over 8' long.  There's a guy from Finland who posts on here occasionally, too, who has one that I think is 24" wide.  Now that's getting pretty big.  

John
Way back in the 70's when I was in High School, are jointers (Delta) had guards just like this one. I don't get around much, but I've never seen them since.