HANDTOOLS: Shoulder Plane; Starrett; Irwin Box 'o Bits (Crispy); NOS MF Bits
I came across some high quality items lately, its time for them to find a new home.  More pics can be found in this Flickr album, where you can zoom in on the pics:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...330208761/

In order of appearance in the album, here we go.....

SOLD .  First up is a full set of Irwin brace bits in the premium mahogany box (back in the day they had this as an option); with brochure that dates from 1953; they simply don't make them like this anymore; box is solid, bits are very, very crisp, all original to the set, prior owner took fine care of them, ergo excellent condition, zero apologies, just a very nice clean set of bits with very little use at all, the mahogany box is a plus - not much else to say really, just view the pics. They don't get much better than this. Yours for $115 plus shipping, price new brace bits and you'll see the value here.  teaser pic:
[Image: 47277633662_044edbb0b5_b.jpg]

Next up I have four 15/16" Millers Falls brace bits, new old stock still wrapped in the wax paper from the factory; they don't get much better than this.  Yours for $10 each plus shipping, take all four for $35.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 47277634532_8caea2c57c_b.jpg]

Next up is a pristine Starrett 436 1-2" micrometer with ratchet stop and lock nut; original box, plastic bag, and again, it is pristine; I don't know if it is NOS, but it sure looks like it as I find no evidence of use.  Current model retails for $170 http://www.starrett.com/metrology/produc...436.1XRL-2 so let's call it an even $80 plus shipping for a half price sale....  Teaser Pic:  NOW $75 SHIPPED to US.
[Image: 47277635482_e87d8bf987_b.jpg]

SOLD Last but certainly not least is a very interesting and a bit unique shoulder plane; this one was made by Weiss & Sohn, a longtime Austrian company.  Iron is 30mm wide (plane is marked "30" as well) but what is interesting to me is that this plane has a chipbreaker, and the mouth is adjustable - there is a screw on the top and the nosepiece slides open (BTW, that's how you get the iron out with the chipbreaker, from the bottom).  This has sat in a chest in a barn for some time now, and the slide is slightly sticky, likely slightly swelled from humidity.  It has loose tenons that slide in a slot along with the metal plate the top screw engages with (I left it loose).  I hesitated to trim them or wax them to ride smoother, as the plane should be acclimated in a shop before anything like that should be done, and once so acclimated it might not need any fettling.  But its the coolest woodie I've seen given the chipbreaker and the mouth.  I've not seen one of these outside an auction catalog.  Wood is solid, its really a nice plane.  Yours for $40 plus shipping.  Here's a couple of teaser pics:  SOLD

[Image: 47277636812_cf9d042396_b.jpg]
[Image: 47330210771_af543f5f28_b.jpg]

As usual, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it' gets priority, and please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage and print mailing labels.  I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are fine.

Trying to pass along good user tools that have been given the once over and that will make good users, at reasonable pricing.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Shoulder plane is sold, a neat piece.
Boxed Irwin bits are sold.
Starrett Mic now $75 shipped to US.  Great deal if you always wanted one.
(03-10-2019, 08:00 PM)Admiral Wrote: Starrett Mic now $75 shipped to US.  Great deal if you always wanted one.

Bump and open to reasonable offers on the very crisp Starrett Mic.
Starrett Mic is sold. Remaining is the MF NOS bits.