Favorite Task and Panel Lighting?
What's your favorite task lighting?  I find as I get older, I have more trouble seeing:  bandsaw, drill press, and work bench.

Also, have you tried the new large LED panels?  Like 'em?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I like these a lot. Cheap simple and I can move them around from floor joist to floor joist (basement shop) to the most beneficial location I want. fitted with an LED bulb I think it's ideal.
I have one for the band saw and two two at the work bench and two pointed angularly at the RAS table, along with general lighting it works great for me anyway, my eyes still see but aren't what they used to be for sure.

[Image: 017398346801.jpg]
Bruce.
I posted some pictures of my shop recently: check out the ceiling spots I have over my bench:

Phil's Shop Pics
Just this week, I made a frame for my lathe that holds a single-strip, 4000-lumen, 4' LED light bar over and just to the front of the headstock and spindle. A second one runs down the right frame pole about a foot behind the tailstock to light up the inside of a deeper bowl. These are on separate switches so I can turn on just what I need. They were $16 each at Rural King.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(03-10-2019, 09:08 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Just this week, I made a frame for my lathe that holds a single-strip, 4000-lumen, 4' LED light bar over and just to the front of the headstock and spindle.  A second one runs down the right frame pole about a foot behind the tailstock to light up the inside of a deeper bowl.  These are on separate switches so I can turn on just what I need.  They were $16 each at Rural King.

I am slowly switching my whole shop over to LED. Much cheaper to operate  and I like to light better. I hated the cool light florescent and put in day lite bulbs  but I like color of the LED better. Also my shop is unheated but I still go in to pick up things for use at home, But last week it was 16 below zero and florescent lights don't come on well when it is that cold. I don't know if I would call it task lighting but my bench is 8 foot long and I have 8 4 ft ceiling fixtures around it , no shadows.

Tom
I like the old articulating arm drafting lamps made by Dazor and such. Bomb proof construction, hold their settings, and cheap to buy on the used market for the quality that they’re built to. I should add they do need to be mounted to a table. I drill a hole in my benchtop and take them in and out as needed.

I’m no help on the task lighting, but in my old shop I had some 2x4 lay in LED panels from Lightup.com which worked great. In my new shop I’m setting I’m I put in these linkable shop lights and they are great, easy to install, and inexpensive.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DC2H6D...b_pd_title
I liberated an IV stand from the trash heap.  I picked up an articulating light from a garage sale.  I added a daylight LED bulb.  I can roll it anywhere in the shop.  There is even cord management for my tools. Sometimes I even bring it into the house, as you can see, to help with projects at the table.

I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I've got 1 clamp on task light, and it usually stays on my SCMS, just above the fence tape so I can see where I set the stop at.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I must have 4 or 5 of these Tertial desk lights from Ikea.  I've found them superior to any other design, and they are stout. They don't sell them online, you have to go to a store, so  unless there is one near you, you are out of luck.  I see they now come with an LED bulb, mine are incandescent.  I have two mounted on a microphone stand to make them mobile, and made a fixture to fit them and insert in the dog holes of my bench.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40372871/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis