Want to hire a woodworker
(03-11-2019, 12:47 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: He could have a cell phone that does that.  Buy in one place and live close by in another state like my daughter.

Yes.  This.

856 is south jersey, just across the river from Philly.  People don't follow area codes much these days with cell phones.

Colin
(03-11-2019, 04:11 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I sent him a text telling him we needed more info.

No reply yet.

Sort of tells you this is not something you want to get involved with.  Heck, I'm in NJ and my BS antennae tells me this sounds like someone who wants chinese pricing for US quality.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
First thing that came to my mind was if he’s in philly he can find a hundred Amish shops that could do that and probably pretty cheap. Why ask here?
(03-13-2019, 07:11 PM)whatline Wrote: First thing that came to my mind was if he’s in philly he can find a hundred Amish shops that could do that and probably pretty cheap. Why ask here?

Because we're easier to scam than the Amish!!!  
Rolleyes
Fair winds and following seas,
Jim Waldron
(03-14-2019, 10:12 AM)Jim Waldron Wrote: Because we're easier to scam than the Amish!!!  
Rolleyes

From what I've seen, the Amish play it up big that they are Amish.  There is a local store that sells "Amish Craftsmanship" pine tables and Pie Safes, and when I look at how they are constructed, all I see is pocket screws, lots of glued butt joints, and brads.......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-14-2019, 05:58 PM)Admiral Wrote: From what I've seen, the Amish play it up big that they are Amish.  There is a local store that sells "Amish Craftsmanship" pine tables and Pie Safes, and when I look at how they are constructed, all I see is pocket screws, lots of glued butt joints, and brads.......

But the screws and the brads are all hand driven right???  
Laugh
(03-12-2019, 04:46 PM)Admiral Wrote:  BS antennae tells me this sounds like someone who wants chinese pricing for US quality.

Laugh
Laugh  Mine is telling me that he/she/it is a spammer, just building the post count up. Then later, he/she/it will lay in some mined spam links, maybe BBQ flavor.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-14-2019, 06:30 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Laugh
Laugh  Mine is telling me that he/she/it is a spammer, just building the post count up. Then later, he/she/it will lay in some mined spam links, maybe BBQ flavor.  
Winkgrin

Couldn't help myself.

Googling the username "Steve Golia"

LinkedIn shows National Security Director from NJ. Twitter says 40yr national security veteran, now doing this:
https://www.americanshineco.com/

American Shoe Shine company, Philly. Handmade boxes:

I'm thinking he's legit, retired, new venture?  Maybe just forgot he posted here

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-15-2019, 12:52 PM)mound Wrote: Couldn't help myself.

LinkedIn shows National Security Director from NJ. Twitter says 40yr national security veteran, now doing this:

I'm thinking he's legit, retired, new venture?  Maybe just forgot he posted here

Cool  Now you dunit. We'll be jinxed forever.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-15-2019, 12:52 PM)mound Wrote: Couldn't help myself.

National Surety Director - not Security.  Provides bonds to the construction industry.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill