Refrigerator Style
(03-25-2019, 09:15 AM)barnowl Wrote: .

Had a huge Amana side by side before this one, and putting anything wide in it was near impossible.

Like a turkey.

Ain't gonna happen.

That's the biggest reason we are replacing our side-by-side. No real reason to have a tall narrow freezer with shelves. Pile it all in a deep drawer, who cares? It's frozen. Much more efficient use of space.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

We ended up ordering one similar to what Barnowl described: bottom freezer drawer, french doors, water dispenser inside the left door. Wasn't our first choice, but our first choice dosn't exist any more (that we have found). Opposite from TDKPE, we decided we wanted the bottom freezer because of our increasing age (78) and being tired of bending over frequently to get into the refrigerator. Yes, we will occasionally need to bend over to get into the freezer. Our logic says that will be better.
(03-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Willyou Wrote: We ended up ordering one similar to what Barnowl described: bottom freezer drawer, french doors, water dispenser inside the left door. Wasn't our first choice, but our first choice dosn't exist any more (that we have found). Opposite from TDKPE, we decided we wanted the bottom freezer because of our increasing age (78) and being tired of bending over frequently to get into the refrigerator. Yes, we will occasionally need to bend over to get into the freezer. Our logic says that will be better.
 If you go to do a lot in the freezer just set a chair next to it.   This is what the wife does.  You will like it.   Roly
Roly, Thanks for the encouragement. It is supposed to be delivered this Thurs. Only time will tell if she likes it.
(03-18-2019, 09:29 AM)barnowl Wrote: Not exactly so. The one we have has the ice maker in the freezer section, and the water dispenser on the cabinet, inside the left hand door.

Look closely:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/KitchenAid-20-c...R/50383140

Know I'm late to the party....but just wanted to throw out a +1 to this.  We had a Kenmore like this and loved it.  When it died last year, found and replaced it with:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/whirlpool-2...Id=6200228

Hope you're happy come Friday 
Smile
DW and I did a quick look at french door models in HD last night, and will go to a big appliance store that we've used in the past for more looking.  Now she's liking the bottom freezer drawer.  Go figure.  
Laugh

That Kitchenaid in Lowes looks about right - 36", counter-depth.  She's now worried that the bottom drawer will open too far, as there's an island there.  Won't hit it, but can't walk past or stand in front with it all the way open.  
Rolleyes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(03-26-2019, 11:41 AM)TDKPE Wrote: DW and I did a quick look at french door models in HD last night, and will go to a big appliance store that we've used in the past for more looking.  Now she's liking the bottom freezer drawer.  Go figure.  
Laugh

That Kitchenaid in Lowes looks about right - 36", counter-depth.  She's now worried that the bottom drawer will open too far, as there's an island there.  Won't hit it, but can't walk past or stand in front with it all the way open.  
Rolleyes

Take the tape measure with you to make sure it will work.    Items look different in size in a large store.   Roly
(03-26-2019, 11:41 AM)TDKPE Wrote: DW and I did a quick look at french door models in HD last night, and will go to a big appliance store that we've used in the past for more looking.  Now she's liking the bottom freezer drawer.  Go figure.  
Laugh

Rolleyes

Is that in the very spendy KA series (matching DW and range) with the very distinct door handles?
(03-27-2019, 05:06 AM)KC Wrote: Is that in the very spendy KA series (matching DW and range) with the very distinct door handles?

No, it's the one brnhornt linked to a couple of posts up.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/KitchenAid-20-c...R/50383140
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"