Mulberry
(03-16-2019, 12:13 PM)wmickley Wrote: Ron, your planes have cap irons that are closer to the traditional shape, which has rounded bevel meeting the plane iron at an angle in the 50 to 80 degree range.  

The newer Lie Nielsen planes have an "improved chipbreaker" which has such a low angle that it effectiveness is compromised.
It is a little like the vestigial wings on an emu, not too good for flying.

Interesting. Thank you.
BontzSawWorks.net
Got the dividers sized and dados cut. 

I made a video of cutting the dados with a router plane, but will have to work out the process of posting it here. 

Also got the door pieces grooved and mortised. These were cut on a machine, but I did hand chop a mortise in the mulberry and it chopped out nicely.

I think this will have a divided light door.
I am making more progress. The muntins are not glued in yet. They are press fitted thanks to using a shooting board to sneak up on the fit.

I am thinking I will need some sort of base for this small cabinet. Something that will elevate it off a table surface to allow the door to open freely. Not sure if I want to use rounds or squares or some type of bracket feet. Suggestions Please. 

The rails and stiles seem a little bulky, but I wanted to keep the door on the sturdy side. The small lights are meant to give just a little glimpse of whats inside.
How about a short, angled base on three sides, about an inch or so tall.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-25-2019, 08:55 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: How about a short, angled base on three sides, about an inch or so tall.

Angled out?  I was not thinking about that, but can see it working. I have a bunch of scraps that I am going to cut in different shapes to see what looks best.
Yes. Angled....splayed
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

After frustration trying all manners of hand planes, I remembered that I had this little gem in the bottom of my tool chest. No more frustration.

Door is finished and now I am working on small angled bracket feet.
Scraper
Cool I've been going to make one of those
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020