ring bowl
Judy and I tried our luck on a ring bowl. Curly cherry

I love the grain in the cherry!
Very Beautiful wood there Mike.  What is a ring bowl??  Is it to hold rings??

How did your sale go a few weeks ago with those wonderful bowls you shown us?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-12-2019, 08:41 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Very Beautiful wood there Mike.  What is a ring bowl??  Is it to hold rings??

How did your sale go a few weeks ago with those wonderful bowls you shown us?

Judy cut the 3 rings out of a 1 in thick board with her scroll saw then we glued them together.Kinda like a ringmaster works
Sales were slow last weekend in VA but sold puzzles and baskets
OK thanks.  What is the degree she set the top to cut the wood?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(03-13-2019, 04:40 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK thanks.  What is the degree she set the top to cut the wood?

its the width of the ring and the thickness of the wood. Draw a 2 lines in the end of the board the width of the ring. Connect them diagonally and that is your angle
(03-13-2019, 08:42 PM)PVW Wrote: its the width of the ring and the thickness of the wood. Draw a 2 lines in the end of the board the width of the ring. Connect them diagonally and that is your angle

???????
Scratching my head with a dumb look on my face here.

(03-14-2019, 11:36 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: ???????
Scratching my head with a dumb look on my face here.

take the board you are going to use to cut a ring.  on the end of the board draw two vertical lines spaced the width of the ring.  connect the top of one line to the bottom of the other so you have something that looks like |\|  and the diagonal line is your angle.  At least I think that's what he is saying.
(03-15-2019, 08:06 AM)crokett™ Wrote: take the board you are going to use to cut a ring.  on the end of the board draw two vertical lines spaced the width of the ring.  connect the top of one line to the bottom of the other so you have something that looks like |\|  and the diagonal line is your angle.  At least I think that's what he is saying.

Thanks to both of you

Mike thanks for the email.

Last question can the space between the lines be farther apart to make or adjust the steepness of the bowl??  Let us say I want it two or three times the width of the wood or maybe even half the width of the board would that work.??

(03-17-2019, 02:22 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Thanks to both of you

Mike thanks for the email.

Last question can the space between the lines be farther apart to make or adjust the steepness of the bowl??  Let us say I want it two or three times the width of the wood or maybe even half the width of the board would that work.??

yes and makes difference in thickness of the walls
Don't quite grasp the rest of the question