Tri Helix Grail
Hello once again everyone Here's is my latest piece thought I would put a twist on things. This piece is Sapele turned and carved the finish is lacquer, it stands 14" and is 3.5 at the widest point. This one took a bit of time to smooth all the inner parts but yet keeping the crisp lines of the helix, there was a lot of hand sanding.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great job Bruce!
I don't even want to think about the time spent sanding all the inside surfaces.
Great job!
I hate saying the word but that is really Cool.  Well done buddy.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you Frank, Rod and Arlin
wow, that's pretty impressive Jack. The assembly of that must have been rather clever or rather tedious (perhaps both, lol)

Finish looks like it came out brilliantly too. Bravo!

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(03-14-2019, 11:30 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again everyone Here's is my latest piece thought I would put a twist on things. This piece is Sapele turned and carved the finish is lacquer, it stands 14" and is 3.5 at the widest point. This one took a bit of time to smooth all the inner parts but yet keeping the crisp lines of the helix, there was a lot of hand sanding.

WOW. I like
Thank you Michael and PVW There's no assembly on this piece the helix is carved from one piece of Sapele.
That is an exceptional work of art.
I can't begin to imagine the time and patience it took to create it.
Amazing work indeed!
Can I ask about how many hours you have in it?