Strange electrical issue
(03-18-2019, 12:46 PM)CLETUS Wrote: Wow. I had fluctuating voltage after the power poles, transformer and line to my house were replaced. They were there within an hour.

Me too.  I turned on a shop vac one day and it only came on about half speed. When I turned it off, the lights all got very bright for a couple of seconds then burned out.  I turned off all of the breakers in the house (because I found out my main disconnect is outside by the meter).  Called the power company and they were there 45 minutes later and confirmed that I had a "bad neutral".  They installed some sort of temporary gadget next to my meter and the next day another crew came out and located the problem underground, dug it up, fixed it and were gone within an hour.  If I hadn't gone home for lunch I wouldn't have known they had been there.  The only thing we lost was a couple of light bulbs and the microwave.  Everyone hated that microwave anyway, so we were happy to get a new one.
Signature