Free clearvue cyclone + duct in Los Angeles
I've decided to give away my ClearVue cyclone and 6" PVC duct work.  I bought this in 2006 and used it on and off for ~10 years without any issues.  We recently moved to a smaller house and there is no way a unit of this height will work in my garage so I'm going to have get a small mobile dust unit when I get my shop set up.  I've decided that I got plenty of use out of this unit and rather than deal with selling it, I'm going to give it away for free to someone who can continue to put it to good use.   Obviously this is one of the older (2006) ClearVue designs.  This is an all or nothing deal - I'm cleaning out stuff so I want to get rid of everything.  Here's what's included:

- ClearVue cyclone body, impeller, and Leeson 5 HP motor
- ~10 4-6' long pieces of 6" pipe
- large box of 6" PVC fittings
- trash can and lid
- several 6" blast gates and ductwork hangers
- filter base with clean out
- home made wall mount

You would still need to buy a new filter and a motor contactor (and probably a remote control outlet to trigger the contactor).  It's going to require a 240V, 30A circuit to run.

Here's the original install from 2006: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com...CVMax/Ted/
Here's the motor info: https://electricmotorwarehouse.com/5-hp-...r-120554c/

I'm located in Glendale CA near the 134 and the 2 freeways.

Attached Files Image(s)

Geez, the left coast guys have all the luck. Sweet offer...someone will really appreciate it!
Cool
Cool
Cool
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ted

Would you be willing to ship it if I found the $$ to get it here

I was going to send you a PM but yours is not turned on. Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-19-2019, 01:58 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ted

I was going to send you a PM but yours is not turned on.  Thanks

Tempting for a fellow Iowan (I grew up in Washington, IA) but I'm probably going to have to pass.  Packing this would be a huge pain (the motor alone probably requires a crate) and part of the "giving it away" rational was to make it very easy on myself.  Sorry.
(03-19-2019, 01:58 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ted

You gotta be shi--ing me.

(03-19-2019, 02:44 PM)Ted Drain Wrote: Tempting for a fellow Iowan (I grew up in Washington, IA) but I'm probably going to have to pass.  Packing this would be a huge pain (the motor alone probably requires a crate) and part of the "giving it away" rational was to make it very easy on myself.  Sorry.
(03-18-2019, 10:09 PM)Ted Drain Wrote: I've decided to give away my ClearVue cyclone and 6" PVC duct work.  I bought this in 2006 and used it on and off for ~10 years without any issues.  We recently moved to a smaller house and there is no way a unit of this height will work in my garage so I'm going to have get a small mobile dust unit when I get my shop set up.  I've decided that I got plenty of use out of this unit and rather than deal with selling it, I'm going to give it away for free to someone who can continue to put it to good use.   Obviously this is one of the older (2006) ClearVue designs.  This is an all or nothing deal - I'm cleaning out stuff so I want to get rid of everything.  Here's what's included:

- ClearVue cyclone body, impeller, and Leeson 5 HP motor
- ~10 4-6' long pieces of 6" pipe
- large box of 6" PVC fittings
- trash can and lid
- several 6" blast gates and ductwork hangers
- filter base with clean out
- home made wall mount

You would still need to buy a new filter and a motor contactor (and probably a remote control outlet to trigger the contactor).  It's going to require a 240V, 30A circuit to run.

Here's the original install from 2006: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com...CVMax/Ted/
Here's the motor info: https://electricmotorwarehouse.com/5-hp-...r-120554c/

I'm located in Glendale CA near the 134 and the 2 freeways.
Ted, if the dust collector isn't already spoken for, I would be interested.  I don't know how to PM you.  Please advise.
Ted Drain -

Bravo!  Good on you! 
Cool
(03-19-2019, 09:48 PM)gregbois Wrote: Ted, if the dust collector isn't already spoken for, I would be interested.  I don't know how to PM you.  Please advise.

It yours.  I just sent you a PM (and fixed my settings so you can reply to that) with my contact info.

Ted
(03-20-2019, 12:09 AM)Ted Drain Wrote: It yours.  I just sent you a PM (and fixed my settings so you can reply to that) with my contact info.

Ted

I commend your generosity.
(03-22-2019, 09:01 AM)loosetoe Wrote: I commend your generosity.

+1