Clamps
I'm looking to buy some new bar clamps. I've got some Bessey k body that I bought years ago. There seem to be more choices now than years ago.  I know Bessey make the k body and the JR series.  Is there a difference?  Which ones should I avoid. Are the Jorgy bar clamps still very good?  Just looking for suggestions from what everyone uses.

Thanks,
Bill
Any Jorgies you buy will be used ones, they went belly up though I think a Chinese company bought the name and may be making clamps using it (caveat emptor). My current favorite are the Bessey Revo clamps, they grip really allows for some force and the jaws (copied from Gros Stabil when they bought it out) are larger.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Some of the newer (read china) Jorgenson clamps are available on amazon.
Looks like the maple handles are gone on the F-clamps, replaced with plastic.
No idea what the quality is now. All of my Jorgenson/Pony clamps are US made.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=Pony+clamp&ref=nb_sb_noss
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If you buy Besseys make sure they are made in W Germany. HD and Lowe’s sells the China models which are not as good.
Don
For light duty (cabinet doors, etc.) I've been using Harbor-Freight's all steel clamps.  The ones with plastic triggers will strip if you pull the trigger too hard.

The all steel ones work fine for light duty, but if you clamp it too hard the shaft will start to flex.

This is the one that is working well:

[Image: image_14720.jpg]

This one for very light duty only.  If you squeeze the trigger too hard it will strip the ratchet.
[Image: image_27450.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have about 30 of the Jet parallel clamps and really enjoy using them but it took a lot of arm twisting of their customer service to get some relief on one clamp.  Thankfully I don't need more clamps.  The clamps are great but one thing that really bugs me...there must be 5 or 6 shades of red.  Clearly their quality and control is color blind.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wow, thanks for all of the quick good tips.  How do you tell where the Bessey clamps are made. Is there some ID that says Germany or China.  Or or they just a lot cheaper or  ???

Bill
I've got Bessey 3/4-inch pipe clamps and am very happy with them. I have some of the old Pony clamps which I just don't use anymore. They don't have the "legs" that the Besseys do which makes them more stable on the work bench.
i have two of the china jorgenson's with rubber/plastic hand grips
when they were transitioning from the USA manufacturing to china Menard's had some terrific sales on them
I have lots of the USA made with the wood handles
i like the newer ones better much easier for my old arthritic hands
they look like they are as good a quality as the originals time will tell
i have a few older Bessy parallels also i do not think you can go wrong with them
It will say on the clamp where the Bessey clamp was made.
Don