Shop ReOrg - Outfeed Table
I've spent the last 6-8 months doing a major reorg of my shop.  One of the upgrades is a dual purpose outfeed table.  I wanted something longer than what I had and also a small work area with clamping abilities.  After considering many options I purchased a Kreg Universal Stand (Bench) and a replacement MFT top.  The stand is 44" x 28" and the MFT top is 28 1/4" x 43 3/4".  Almost a perfect fit but I will build a sub-base to hold the MFT top and extend the top 4" on each end and 2" on the front and back sides.

Here's the view from the table saw -

And from the band saw -

Those shelves you see behind the table saw will be gone soon and my wife's lathe will occupy that space.

And from my bench -

I am excited to finally see this part of my shop coming together.  I am reluctant to swiss cheese my bench top so the MFT top will help a lot with work holding, layouts, and using my domino.  I looked at just buying the basic MFT stand from Festool but the Kreg stand is much sturdier and since I have no need for portability I think it was the right choice.  Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Lonnie
I made my "MFT" table and I use it exactly the same way.  I found that making it about 1/4" lower than the table allowed me to feed thin or narrow strips that would flex and otherwise hang up at the edge of the table.  I suppose I could make some sort of ramp, but lowering it seemed easiest.

I mounted peg board to the back and one side of my table.  It accomplishes two things:  I allows me to hang frequently used table saw items  and it makes the table much more sturdy.  On the remaining side I mounted 3/4" MDF, which I drilled and added 1/2" dowels which hold my dado blades, saw blades and inserts.  

The pegboad was a worthwhile upgrade making the table substantially more sturdy.  Use self drilling screws  and washers to mount the peg board to the steel legs.
[Image: 7040000-2_300x263.jpg]

I also use the table as an auxilliary  assembly stand (I made three tables all at the same time--and it was a lot of work drilling all those holes).

I also just got a welding table on sale from Northern Tool (just $200.00 on sale).  It is very accurately drilled (or punched) but the hole size is not the same as the MFT table.  So all different clamps.

[Image: 61158_400x400.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks Cooler for the ideas.  That's got to be a nice welding table.  Once you have/use a clamping table it's hard not to have one in the shop.