Wine Barrel projects
Hey all, I haven't posted here in a while and I have some free time right now, so why not?

I've been able to acquire some barrels from various sources here and have made a few projects for my kids school auctions over the past couple years. I thought I'd share and maybe inspire someone.

This first one isn't a wine barrel, but still pretty neat. It was my first auction project.

Enjoy.
Kevin
Those are very cool, all of them.  I imagine they brought in some good money at the auctions.

John
Like John said wow those are nice
is that a wine barrel or a whiskey barrel?
Those are all nice projects.
Nice stuff I really like the cabinet.  Any chance you have closer pics on the table and chairs?  I have a few torn down barrels might give those a shot.

I was looking to make some of these out of them 

[Image: 20170623_141734_zpsnl1usjzo.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(03-19-2019, 08:20 PM)oakey Wrote: Like John said wow those are nice
is that a wine barrel or a whiskey barrel?

Yes, the table and chairs are from a whisky barrel. I'll post a couple more pics.
(03-19-2019, 11:17 PM)ob10 Wrote: Nice stuff I really like the cabinet.  Any chance you have closer pics on the table and chairs?  I have a few torn down barrels might give those a shot.

I was looking to make some of these out of them 

Bob,

I don't have any closeups of the chairs unfortunately. My inspiration for them was something similar posted on Pinterest. I did make a couple templates for the seat and ring patterns. Here are a couple others of the table. This is totally my design, and I wouldn't do it this way again. That narrow connection is only held together with pocket screws, but it is surprisingly strong. Just a little tipsy. I'd rethink how to make the table taller with a better connection.

I keep wanting to make another set for home. If I do, I'll take more pictures.

Hidden feature of the wine barrel cabinet. Makes moving it easier.