Secret Santa
Exclamation 
All,

It's time to turn over the reigns to someone else.  I've got a trip planned this year that would be right in the middle of the SS season. This happened once before and I don't think it was a positive situation.

Unfortunately, I'm also leaving for a trip on 31 Mar for 45 days or so.

So, if I can't hand this over before then, I will repost when I get back.

Please PM me if you are interested in taking over as "Santa's Elf"...

Thanks!
Santa's Elves
(03-20-2019, 03:47 PM)Santa Wrote: All,

It's time to turn over the reigns to someone else.  I've got a trip planned this year that would be right in the middle of the SS season. This happened once before and I don't think it was a positive situation.

Unfortunately, I'm also leaving for a trip on 31 Mar for 45 days or so.

So, if I can't hand this over before then, I will repost when I get back.

Please PM me if you are interested in taking over as "Santa's Elf"...

Thanks!

I wish I could,

Just thinking here after reading it again isn't this in September - December event and not April or May or June??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hai der!

Time for another poke.

Am looking for someone to take over as the Secret Santa. I'm going to be out of town for most of September and a good chunk of October, which is the prime Secret Santa season.

Please PM me if you are interested in taking over the reigns and we can take about the details.

cheers
Santa's Elves
Okay guys. Seriously. I won't be able to support the SS this year. So, if it is desired to happen, someone needs to pony up and take it over.

PM me!
Santa's Elves
Hi everyone. A new Secret Santa team of 2 Woodnetters will be taking over the reigns shortly. They will make an announcement once all the reindeer are appropriately lined up. Thanks to them for jumping in.

It's been fun doing this the past three years, but my travel schedule has just gotten out of hand and feel it's best handled by someone who can devote proper attention to the process.

cheers!

chris
Santa's Elves
Thank you so much for those who volunteered. 
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-16-2019, 04:40 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Thank you so much for those who volunteered. 
Yes
Yes

I could not do it this year because of the move from San Diego to Mountain City, Texas.....but....I am making a seriously earnest effort to do it (or help) next year!!
Thank you folks who HAVE stepped up!

Don
Greetings all!

You all have been waiting, anxiously twiddling your thumbs in anticipation of the announcement of the vaulted "Secret Santa 2019". Well, the time is nigh, so grab your magnifying glass, pop on your Sherlock Holmes hat and start honing your investigative skills to find "the" gift.

Here's how it works:

To participate,  send a PM to Santa's Elves ( https://forums.woodnet.net/private.php?a...20Response) indicating that you wish to participate including your email address. Posting to this thread does not count, only a PM with an e-mail works. Once your PM is received, for which you will get a receipt, a link to the form to fill out will be forwarded. This is to protect the form's link from web crawlers and possibly getting spambots filling in the entries. All communication after the initial PM will be via email. So watch your spam lists after you send your PM.

Entries will be accepted from today, September 9th through Saturday, November 9th. Details of your recipient will be sent by November 15th. After the closing date of November 15th, entries will still be accepted for the late arrivals until November 22nd. Be forewarned however, no guarantee is made that we will be able to match you up with someone, in which case you'll have to wait until next year.

Here are the rules:

If you sign up, please follow through on your commitment.

If you are going to be late with your gift, let me know and we can notify your recipient.
If you need to back out completely, let me know as soon as possible so we can find another Santa for your recipient.
If possible, please use a tracking number when mailing. It might come in handy if someone doesn't receive their gift.
If you have posted less than 10 messages on Woodnet, send me a PM in addition to filling out the form you are sent.

Gift guidelines and advice:

Please send a real gift, not a gift card or certificate.
Read their old posts to get an idea of what they like to do and what they might need or want.
See if they participate on other forums.
Take a look at wish lists on various tool websites.
If you have a member who does not post a lot and are having a tough time with ideas or you find that your person has everything, maybe go outside the box. There are universal gifts that every woodworker can use.
If you are one of those folks who doesn't post a lot or have the entire Lee Valley catalog in your shop, try leaving some bread crumbs to help your Santa out.

Most of all, have fun! Any issues, let me know.

Happy sleuthing!