Dust mask/respirator
I used my RZ mask this weekend while I was mowing. It has been dry here so there was a lot of dust.  The RZ mask was comfortable the whole time and I didn't get overheated or too sweaty from wearing it.  I was covered in dirt everywhere the skin was exposed, but no dirt got in my nose.
Is the RZ beard friendly? Talking Brawny Man, not ZZ Top. I have a 3M hard shell, but it won't seal properly with my beard.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I have a goatee, not a full beard.  No issues with what I have.
Based on this thread I ordered an RZ Mask. Finally had a chance to use it the last couple of days. Very happy! The most comfortable mask I have ever worn. If I breathe really hard I get some fogging on my glasses, but much less than other masks. We are doing a major remodel on a second home we bought last fall- I am ordering a mask to leave there.

I saw a very similar mask at Harbor Frieght recently for $25. It has two small straps, not the single wide one the RZ has. I know RZ offers one with two straps, but I really like the single wide one.

I got the wide strap one as well. I much prefer that to the straps on my other respirators. Not only is it more comfortable but it seems like it will last much longer.
I've worn these full face mask respirators for 8 hours straight without any problem.

https://safetygearpro.com/product/3m-ful...gKUSPD_BwE

I'm clean shaven, but others who wore them weren't.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Sanding dust:
  - if you can open shop windows/doors or work outside, having a box fan moving air away is a big help
  - I like the 3m half-masks pretty well (note that they don't protect the eyes from irritation as well as the full masks)
  - if using a random-orbital sander, the sanders designed to work with vacuums can help a lot (e.g., festool)
  - I haven't gotten as much out of my overhead air filter as the items above;  (although I know some people really like them)

Matt