Finally Got My Workbench Assembled
I don't know what the cause is, but I have found myself not as driven to work with wood since I moved.  Much of the cause is the lo-o-ong list of "to-do's" that a new/old house (1954) has presented me.  I also have found that some of my favorite project furniture just doesn't look good here; and since we downsized, we really don't need more.  I am enjoying the house projects because restoration of anything brings me joy.

What I read above from you guys is so familiar.  My wife has even come into the shop to make storage suggestions.  One thing she noticed was the number of cartons I was storing for my table saw and hand tools.  I found having those boxes valuable for the move since each little box (LN) fits the tool so well, and the box for the saw fence and rails really protected the parts perfectly.  I lost only one thing in my move, which I think went to Goodwill by mistake.  I also sold a ton of hand tools here last Fall.
(03-21-2019, 10:00 AM)AHill Wrote: Not quite a year after moving into my new home, I was finally able to get the top reattached to the base yesterday, thanks to some family help. 

I haven't found a picture yet.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-24-2019, 03:58 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: I don't know what the cause is, but I have found myself not as driven to work with wood since I moved.  Much of the cause is the lo-o-ong list of "to-do's" that a new/old house (1954) has presented me.  I also have found that some of my favorite project furniture just doesn't look good here; and since we downsized, we really don't need more.  I am enjoying the house projects because restoration of anything brings me joy.

What I read above from you guys is so familiar.  My wife has even come into the shop to make storage suggestions.  One thing she noticed was the number of cartons I was storing for my table saw and hand tools.  I found having those boxes valuable for the move since each little box (LN) fits the tool so well, and the box for the saw fence and rails really protected the parts perfectly.  I lost only one thing in my move, which I think went to Goodwill by mistake.  I also sold a ton of hand tools here last Fall.

It took me a couple years of "house work"  since I moved into my current home 3 or so years ago.  New fence, paint, trim, landscaping, hurricane Irma, etc.

Now that I am getting caught up on those things I find I am more motivated than ever to make things for the new space.