kitchen faucet
time to get a new faucet is nigh, the countertop people are delivering any day now.  In fact, original estimates were last week.  

I am somewhat reluctant to have a pull down sprayer.  OTOH, our current sprayer is stuck on the under-counter water filter and I would have to take the filter off to free it.  Am I over-thinking the pull down sprayer issue?
(03-25-2019, 12:20 PM)EricU Wrote: time to get a new faucet is nigh, the countertop people are delivering any day now.  In fact, original estimates were last week.  

I am somewhat reluctant to have a pull down sprayer.  OTOH, our current sprayer is stuck on the under-counter water filter and I would have to take the filter off to free it.  Am I over-thinking the pull down sprayer issue?

I couldn't imagine not having a pull down sprayer in my sink. What concerns do you have?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
First off, the alternative is to have a counter-mounted sprayer.  

My concerns are that when I go to one of the borgs, half the sprayers are hanging funny, and they don't have a lot of slack.
(03-25-2019, 01:28 PM)EricU Wrote: First off, the alternative is to have a counter-mounted sprayer.  

My concerns are that when I go to one of the borgs, half the sprayers are hanging funny, and they don't have a lot of slack.

Not really, you could get a style like this one.

Thia had come up recently in another post (the hose-getting-caught thing) and several of the replies favored one like I linked. I've never had that problem with the hose, and I've never had one like the Kohler....but it might be worth a look and see what you think.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The ones that dock magnetically hold in position and don't hang funny.    Some have sliding weights on the hose which helps the hose from getting hung up but can still hang funny without the magnet. .  I have a Delta which works fine.      How did the hose get behind the filter that it won't come out ?   Was the filter installed with the hose in that position ?   Roly
The problem I see most often is with the under-sink shut-off handles. It's gotten to the point that I now put the rough-in to one side. They also usually get tees for the dishwasher and ice maker too, so that's just more to get caught on. I use longer supply hoses, route them up high, then over, and mount them to the cabinet back. That leaves the other side dry for electrics. With disposals, instant hot, motion sensing faucets, and now even dishwashers that all need plug-in power, sometimes I need a triple gang of duplex receptacles under there.

B.T.W. Moen has two versions of their "touch-less" controls. I think it's the grey one that only has 3 water connections; hot, cold, and spout. The "valve handle" is actually an electric joystick. The problem is if your batteries go dead (less than a year), or if you use the transformer and lose power, you don't have water. The black unit (I think?) is touch-less control in addition to a normal single handle faucet. Despite this engineering error, I still recommend Moen to my customers. When (I thought) one of them needed a "touch-less" control, Moen Customer Service told me the part was back-ordered for a month or more. I politely informed them this was a good customer of mine, and I actually needed the part when I was there earlier that morning. There was a brand new $750 faucet on my porch the next day! Thank-you Moen.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
We have our first pulldown spray hose. About 6-8 months now.
We won't go back to the old style pull-outa-the-hole sprayer.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

We have a pull down with a 'catch' that keeps it up.  May be magnetic.  My only complaint with it is that if you have crappy water, the buildup shows around the connection between the sprayer and faucet.  Every few months I get the vinegar out and scrub it.
(03-25-2019, 03:12 PM)Roly Wrote:  How did the hose get behind the filter that it won't come out ?   Was the filter installed with the hose in that position ?   Roly

the question is, how did I not notice when I replaced the filter?  pretty sure I just have to take the filter bowl off, it's just in the right place for the hose to get behind when changing the filter.

We bought one of the deltas with the mag catch.  I was thinking about how screwed up most of the counter-mounted sprayers always are and realized most of them don't work or are never used. I like to use ours, but it was always getting caught even before the filter fiasco, and it was never worth un-catching. The delta has a weight.  The displays at the borg really put these faucets in a bad light, it's a lot nicer than the models make them look.  

I have thought about making a guard for the hose.  Have to see how the plumbing works out.  I want to clean up under the sink when the new counter gets installed
What fredhargis recommended. We went through about 4 pull down styles over the years and had issues with every one. I finally bit the bullet, spent a couple hundred $$ and got one like that.  The biggest hassle is turning the nozzle so the magnet is not aligned to the mount.