kitchen faucet
There is a noticeable difference in quality between the faucet models/line stocked at the box stores and those available from a plumbing supply house even from the same manufacturer.  We built our house a little over a year ago and went with Kohler and Moen.  Similar style faucets from these manufacturers in the box store seem to be fully made from plastics.  With the models we ordered, the only plastic part is the pull-down sprayer.  Every piece is a much higher quality and we have not had any issues with the higher quality pull-down sprayer from the plumbing supplier.
We had to go to the pull down sprayer when I built the kitchen. She saw that farm style ceramic sink at Ikea and had to have it. It's extremely heavy and a royal PITA to keep clean (impossible) and only has one hole. 

The pull down sprayer sucks if you use it as a sprayer for cleaning. Its ungainly as they are not long enough and you can't get it in the angles etc that you can with a traditional sprayer. Not to mention that those pull down sprayers are 10x the size of a regular sprayer and they don't have very well designed hole size and spacing to provide a high pressure jet. 

One of these days I will take a sledge after that sink and replace it with a stainless single bowl sink with a real faucet.
I'm going to have to replace the shutoff valves, they are both leaking. They are really low in the cabinet, so I'm not sure I will have problems hooking on them.  Maybe put a guard in there somehow.  I have heard of people putting the hose inside a pvc pipe.
(03-29-2019, 07:36 AM)EricU Wrote: I'm going to have to replace the shutoff valves, they are both leaking. They are really low in the cabinet, so I'm not sure I will have problems hooking on them.  Maybe put a guard in there somehow.  I have heard of people putting the hose inside a pvc pipe.

When the valves are close to the bottom of the cabinet, I generally add a coupling and raise them up to make any future maintenance easier. I'm one to cut a bad valve off so the extra height makes maintenance easier. I also only install the Brass Craft 1/4 Turn ball valves. I can't tell you how many bad "multi turn" valves I see. They just don't last and now many of the knobs and shafts are plastic so if there's any issues with them, they can snap. And, the rubber washer's inside eventually won't seat. They tend to leak and they leak worse in the closed position, just when you need it the most. The 1/4 Turn ball valves always seem to turn freely with no issues.

Some people "poo-poo" compression fittings but I'm fine with them. They work fine if installed correctly. Add a drop of oil to the threads on the compression nut before tightening and they seal fine and break apart fine if ever necessary. Tighten snug and crank it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

We have had a pull down spigot like that in the kitchen that was manufactured by Giagni for over ten years.  We love the utility.

Unfortunately it eats the hose about once a year.  Giagni has been really good about sending out free replacements, but it's prolly time to replace it.
chris
(03-27-2019, 10:58 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: What fredhargis recommended. We went through about 4 pull down styles over the years and had issues with every one. I finally bit the bullet, spent a couple hundred $$ and got one like that.  The biggest hassle is turning the nozzle so the magnet is not aligned to the mount.

On the one I have there is no alignment issue, it just sticks to the faucet spout any way it hits.   Must be talking about a different design.  Roly
Check out the Delta Touch2-0 line. We have been happy with ours.
(04-01-2019, 04:43 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Check out the Delta Touch2-0 line.  We have been happy with ours.

Funny you should mention that. We're remodeling (relocating) our kitchen. Countertops will be measured this week and we had to have the faucet picked out before they arrive. All things Kitchen are my wife's department. The Amazon man showed up today with the new faucet. It's a Delta "Essa" Touch 2-0. It's refreshing to see all brass construction. I haven't seen the bill yet and not sure I want to. But, it's certainly substantially constructed. Magnetic catch for the sprayer and a weight. We bought the AC adapter so won't be using batteries. Glad I put an outlet under the sink cabinet.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-01-2019, 04:43 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Check out the Delta Touch2-0 line.  We have been happy with ours.

Good to hear someone likes them. A friend of mines wife had to have one and it didn't go well as it's very annoying to use to the point where he finally replaced it with a regular faucet. It'll go the way of the touch light of the 70s.
We got one like this from Signature Hardware. I love it. Wife hates the looks but loves the functionality. I wouldn't have a faucet style pull out again if you put a gun to my head- too many bad experiences like others here have noted. We use the pot filler, but not a lot. So its nice to have, but not a deal breaker having or not having one.

[Image: f557a913d22a77c9d22bb9e70372725b.jpg]