concrete truck GRRRRR!
After 35 years finally decided to do something about narrow/low front sidewalk.

Got a good concrete guy to pour us a new porch (to solve basement leak problem) and sidewalk.

Concrete truck doesn't drive up concrete driveway as told, decided to turn across lawn,

Busts about 4" off edge of driveway for about 7'
Upset
Upset
Upset

Concrete guy says he'll fix it (like I said, a good guy) but I know the concrete company will hear about it in detail (and $$$)

Not what I wanted when I am woozy from cold medicine.
Rolleyes

End of rant.  Can't get enough oxygen in body to work up real good one.

Hate spring colds
No
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
i was having a foundation for a garage addition poured and the concrete driver refused to back up the short driveway and made us haul the load with wheel borrows. We tried to convince him that we were scrapping the driveway and replacing it after the garage but he refused saying too many complained and they were not allowed.

So, you could have had the extreme in the other direction too.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Worked a lot of jobs where most any kind of heavy delivery truck would not drive on concrete drives without having a waiver signed. Sign the waiver or no delivery where you wanted materials set, take it or leave it. If they all do that you really have no choice. Most had been burned by homeowners saying go ahead and drive on the concrete no problem, then demanding replacement after it was damaged. forced to cover their adzes. Understandable from their standpoint. Not saying you would have done that, but it happens eneough that they have to protect themselves.
(03-26-2019, 01:46 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Worked a lot of jobs where most any kind of heavy delivery truck would not drive on concrete drives without having a waiver signed. Sign the waiver or no delivery where you wanted materials set,  take it or leave it. If they all do that you really have no choice. Most had been burned by homeowners saying go ahead and drive on the concrete no problem, then demanding replacement after it was damaged. forced to cover their adzes.  Understandable from their standpoint. Not saying you would have done that, but it happens eneough that they have to protect themselves.

That is the way they do it around here also, sign the waiver or wheelbarrow it.   Roly
I had a neighbor ask if the truck could use my driveway because his driveway had a little covered porch which he thought might prevent the truck’s access. I tell him the truck will crush our driveway and he laughs and tells me that is an old wives tale.

Truck shows up and I ask the driver if he can clear the little roof. “Oh easy,” he said. Pulls out his waiver and the neighbor says, “no, we can do wheelbarrows.”

I was happy to see the neighbor go.
When I poured the footers for my addition I asked the concrete truck driver to drive on my drive way because he would have been doing me a favor because I am planning on replacing my drive way after my kitchen remodel.  I signed a waiver and he drove and cracked more of my drive way...I thanked him and he just smiled.

Did the same thing with a crane that removed an Oak tree in my yard over a year ago....it got cracked even more. 
Big Grin
It was the same driver as had made a delivery a few days ago.  He'd been told to stay on driveway.

break is about 14' long and a foot wide.  Rut is about 6" deep and 3 feet long.

They've offered to supply the concrete (but not the labor) to fix it.

I am not happy with that offer.
Upset
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
That's too bad.  I wouldn't be happy either.