Another part request...
I'm building a hope chest for a friend's wife (she doesn't know about it... 
Winkgrin  ). It's a traditional style, but I'd like to use a bit more contemporary hardware. I've managed to find everything but the lock for the lid. I'd prefer to use a lock like this, but it only comes in polished brass - the finish I need is a bronze or rustic bronze...

So my question is this - does anyone know where I can source a rustic bronze lid lock? Or, does anyone know how to make polished brass look like rustic bronze?

Thanks guys! I sure hope someone can help me out!

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
https://www.kennedyhardware.com/furniture-locks/

https://www.google.com/search?q=antique+...e&ie=UTF-8
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Dave, you can "antique" polished brass by fuming it with ammonia. If it has a lacquer coating, the lacquer needs to be removed first.
(03-28-2019, 07:57 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Dave, you can "antique" polished brass by fuming it with ammonia. If it has a lacquer coating, the lacquer needs to be removed first.

Easy Off oven cleaner will do the job too! (Thanks to Ms.Nomer for that tip in an older thread)
Have you checked Lee Valley. Their hardware selection is extensive
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-28-2019, 07:57 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Dave, you can "antique" polished brass by fuming it with ammonia. If it has a lacquer coating, the lacquer needs to be removed first.

Thanks, guys! I knew there was a way to do it, but even that was escaping me...
Smirk 

I searched every source I knew - starting with Lee Valley - but no one had what I was looking for. I contacted one company and was called back by one of their salesman. He sent me some information, but it still wasn't I was looking for, nor could I really make it work without changing the design - and it was too late to change the design. So, I came to the WoodNet braintrust.
Winkgrin

Thanks again, guys! I'll let y'all know how it turns out...
Yes 

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I would be very careful about using ammonia with copper, brass or bronze.  It must be annealed, or the ammonia will cause it to crack.  See "season cracking".