For Sale: Stanley No. 2 plane and some dividers
Some details here on these sold items, for the sake of future folks looking to sell similar items.

Two pair of 3" dividers (3" is nominal size, both :

SOLD: Brown and Sharpe round-leg dividers, $25 plus $4.50 postage:

Took about a week for someone to respond, but sold at listed price.

GAVE TO A FRIEND: Consolidated Tool Works (New York, NY) flat-leg dividers.

SOLD: Stanley No. 2 bench plane, $80:

Got the first response a couple of hours after I listed it, with three more in the next couple of days after.  I guess I priced it right for quick sale!

This is a mutt: all Stanley parts (except as noted), but from different periods.  Assuming the type studies are consistent for the No. 2, the body and frog look to be Type 6.  The lateral adjusting lever is a replacement.  It looks to have been shop made, quite nicely - the tab on the lever is even shaped like the tab on the Stanley original, and is welded firmly in place.  The knob is a Type 12 or later tall knob, but this is not necessarily a bad thing; I find the older low knobs don't leave a lot of space even on a No. 4 for your fingers, and I'd expect space to be even tighter with a No. 2.  The iron is a Type 16 or newer, and the lever cap is a Type 15.  Still, as you'll see in the photos, it all fits together and planes nicely.

Jim Ford, of Local 222, proudly engraved his name and union local on the right side of the body (I looked up this union chapter number, but the two listed seemed unlikely to be Mr. Ford's local, one being an electrical worker's union in Florida, the other being a Teamster's union in Salt Lake City).  The sole is pretty flat: I can just get a 0.002" feeler gauge under my straightedge at the toe of the plane; and also midway from mouth to heel, but only when I hold the straightedge diagonally across the sole.  It does not appear to be hollow at the mouth, always the most problematic area.
That Stanley will sell here pretty quickly, I suspect.
I am interested in the Number 2 plane but can't send a PM and can't figure why. If you can email me at darbystools@gmail.com we can get it done.
Lary
http://www.grandpastreasureschest.com/

The older I get the better I once was
(03-28-2019, 03:52 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I'll list the dividers first, because I can be quick about those; information on the plane is down a bit.

Two pair of 3" dividers (3" is nominal size, both :

Brown and Sharpe round-leg dividers, $25 plus $4.50 postage:

SOLD: Consolidated Tool Works (New York, NY) flat-leg dividers, $20 plus $4.50 postage:
One leg is ever so slightly longer than the other, but I didn't find this affected use at all.

SALE PENDING: Stanley No. 2 bench plane, $80:

Postage will depend on how far away from me you live; send me a message with your ZIP code for a shipping quote.

This is a mutt: all Stanley parts (except as noted), but from different periods.  Assuming the type studies are consistent for the No. 2, the body and frog look to be Type 6.  The lateral adjusting lever is a replacement.  It looks to have been shop made, quite nicely - the tab on the lever is even shaped like the tab on the Stanley original, and is welded firmly in place.  The knob is a Type 12 or later tall knob, but this is not necessarily a bad thing; I find the older low knobs don't leave a lot of space even on a No. 4 for your fingers, and I'd expect space to be even tighter with a No. 2.  The iron is a Type 16 or newer, and the lever cap is a Type 15.  Still, as you'll see in the photos, it all fits together and planes nicely.

Jim Ford, of Local 222, proudly engraved his name and union local on the right side of the body (I looked up this union chapter number, but the two listed seemed unlikely to be Mr. Ford's local, one being an electrical worker's union in Florida, the other being a Teamster's union in Salt Lake City).  The sole is pretty flat: I can just get a 0.002" feeler gauge under my straightedge at the toe of the plane; and also midway from mouth to heel, but only when I hold the straightedge diagonally across the sole.  It does not appear to be hollow at the mouth, always the most problematic area.

Some more pictures:

----------------
Payment:  I prefer payment by check, money order, or cash.  Send me a message telling me you're interested; as noted above, if you're writing about the plane, include your ZIP code for a shipping quote.
I will take Stanley # 2 if it is still available.
(04-01-2019, 06:01 PM)Jack01 Wrote: I will take Stanley # 2 if it is still available.

Jack,

You'll note that it's listed as "sale pending."  I'm waiting on a check from the first person to contact me, but there are two others in line before you.  Assume you're still on the hunt for one.

What's still available here are the Brown & Sharpe dividers - a useful little size.