D4 single pass 1/2 blind upgrade
I have a Leigh D4 DT jig and while it takes me a little time to get reacquainted each time I use it, generally I've been very happy with the jig and the results. So, I'm wondering about getting the upgrade parts to incorporate the single pass 1/2 blind DT. For those who have done so (or just started out with the improved model) is this something that's worthwhile? Does it make setup easier? In use, does it do a better job? Since I'm a hobbyist only, I don't worry too much about it being faster....but what's opinion of that aspect?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I bought the upgrade but never used it.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
I have just purchased a new D4R Pro. Just took it out of the box and assembled it. Looking over the manual I would go for it. I’ve used a Porter Cable DT jig in the past and it did single pass HBDT. It was a fast process and I look forward to using this feature on the Leigh.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.