Kreg Stand - MFT Top - Pictures
Recently, Fred asked about the Armor clamping table.  I, too, had been looking at several options such as the Armor and the Festool clamping tables.  I decided to make my own table using a Kreg Universal Stand and a Festool MFT top.  I'm very happy with the results.  It's rock steady, a nice size, and doubles as my outfeed table.  I made a frame to hold the top and to make the working area a little bigger.  The finished size is 32" x 52".  Cost including the plywood to enclose the bottom was about $400.
Pictures:

I do like the way that turned out, and it's less expensive. Well done. Is the MFT board fastened in some way to the frame, or does it just sit in there?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-31-2019, 01:05 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I do like the way that turned out, and it's less expensive. Well done. Is the MFT board fastened in some way to the frame, or does it just sit in there?

I haven't fastened it down yet.  The top is a snug fit so it doesn't move in the frame and its weight keeps it sitting flat.  However, it would be easy to fasten it and that was my plan originally.

Do you still live close to Columbus?  You should come by sometime - we could swap lies and I'll spring for lunch.

Lonnie
(03-31-2019, 01:25 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I haven't fastened it down yet.  The top is a snug fit so it doesn't move in the frame and its weight keeps it sitting flat.  However, it would be easy to fasten it and that was my plan originally.

Do you still live close to Columbus?  You should come by sometime - we could swap lies and I'll spring for lunch.

Lonnie

Well, 100 miles or so from the NW corner. So I guess it's considered close (or not). Thanks for the invite, maybe if I have occasion to be there I'll give you a shout.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I like the table but I like the saw even more, nice TS 3650. I have the TS 3660 wuth the same router table type setup.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-31-2019, 05:14 PM)museumguy Wrote: I like the table but I like the saw even more, nice TS 3650. I have the TS 3660 wuth the same router table type setup.

Is that a miter slide of some sort? I like the table too but can we get some info on the TS setup?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(03-31-2019, 05:14 PM)museumguy Wrote: I like the table but I like the saw even more, nice TS 3650. I have the TS 3660 wuth the same router table type setup.

I've had nothing but good luck with that table saw.  It's actually an old TS2424 that I bought at Home Depot many moons ago!  I picked up the Jess-Em slider a few years ago from another woodnetter.

Lonnie
(03-31-2019, 05:25 PM)Scott W Wrote: Is that a miter slide of some sort? I like the table too but can we get some info on the TS setup?

The slider is a Jess-Em.  They haven't made them for several years.  I'll get a picture of it with the miter gauge on it.  It's a pretty beefy unit.  It's not as nice as a full fledged slider but if I had a full sized slider there wouldn't be room for anything else.

Lonnie
(03-31-2019, 05:26 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I've had nothing but good luck with that table saw.  It's actually an old TS2424 that I bought at Home Depot many moons ago!  I picked up the Jess-Em slider a few years ago from another woodnetter.

Lonnie

Very nice. Never actually saw a TS2424. Looks good. Grat setup you have, especially with the new outfeed table.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-31-2019, 05:30 PM)museumguy Wrote: Very nice. Never actually saw a TS2424. Looks good. Grat setup you have, especially with the new outfeed table.

Thanks Garry.  I've been working for several months to get better organized and to get rid of the 'stuff' I'm not really utilizing.  This table is going to be very useful for a lot of projects.

Lonnie