Woodworking Equipment For Sale
(04-04-2019, 09:13 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Still, this thread should be moved to the sale/buy forum

Agreed. Posting error by a new kid in town.

By the way, selling most or all of the shop tools isn't something unusual. I know at least two guys who did that in the last three years. Everything gone including lumber. Most items were marked 50% to 70% down. Some really high end stuff, some for the pennies. I admire those who could keep their woodworking hobby when they are in their 80s...hardly using their tools (not even once a month). I know these people exist.

By the age of mid 70s, I would have sold 90% of my woodworking tools, or given them away or donated them for a cause. No point leaving anything for my family (knowing nothing about machines and tools) to worry about.When your family sell them at an estate/garage sale, you are giving them away. May be getting only 10% back. We all know that.

Simon
(04-04-2019, 10:56 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: No point leaving anything for my family (knowing nothing about machines and tools) to worry about.When your family sell them at an estate/garage sale, you are giving them away. May be getting only 10% back. We all know that.

That's something I really don't bother myself with.  Family generally picks over the stuff they can use, or that friends of the family can use, and I'm ok with that, just passing it along.   Otherwise, hold an auction and you get what you get; where is where I got most of my stuff anyway, so the way I figure it I'm just completing the circle with another generation of pickers, after enjoying the tools whilst I was alive.... I figure I've got another 10, maybe 20 years left if I'm very very lucky....Ha Ha....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
When it looks like a newbie joined for the purpose of selling stuff here, it raises questions of the unknown.  When the newbie is such a dedicated supporter of the forum he doesn't even notice the classified ad sub-forum, it raises questions.  When the newbie makes offerings in a fashion so unlike the norms of the forum, i.e., no pics, no prices, no terms, questions (and irritation of some of the curmudgeons) inevitably arise.  

As with any community, we have cultural norms.  And we have been the target of scams from time-to-time.  We are primarily a discussion forum, and the "market place" aspects are largely incidental.  Once a member is known, it's relatively easy to trust that a purchase will be as represented.  Newbies are not so easy to trust.  

I don't see here a basis to invest in a trip to Temecula, CA to look at this stuff, even if I were in the market for any of these items.  There are a couple I'd be tempted by if they were a couple of blocks away from my shop, and if they were priced like used tools in my neck of the woods; 75% ain't it.  

Thanks anyway.
Fair winds and following seas,
Jim Waldron
I think if the prices were rounded to the nearest whole dollar, maybe even the nearest $10 or $20 increment, it would appear more as a private seller's items. The odd dollars and cents amounts seem to have the same characteristic of a retail store marking an item down on clearance...such as a 25% off sale.
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-03-2019, 09:38 PM)funnyboi Wrote: My plans are just changed recently in a very drastical way, I'm selling old gear and need money urgently
What phishy you find here?

Welcome to the forum! There's nothing fishy on your part and hopefully, you decide to stay around and contribute.

You've posted woodworking items for sale. People can choose to come to your location. look, and then decide if they want to buy. 

Geez, people. It's not like he's putting things in a box and shipping them off to you, sight unseen.
Not to worry; pretty soon he’ll be down in the basement telling us about a bunch of a-holes criticizing his S&S post.

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Give the guy a break, he is going to have a hard enough time to get those prices in this state as it is
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-07-2019, 03:45 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Not to worry; pretty soon he’ll be down in the basement telling us about a bunch of a-holes criticizing his S&S post.

Laugh

And he would be right.

e deploribus unum

PM sent...............