Dyer Vent W/Luvers
What's the best way to mount the vent under the vinyl siding without making a mess?
It's made to mount on the surface.
[Image: 41AryX-6t7L._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg]

It wouldn't look good at all under the siding. And it would be a mess to slit the siding to fit.

You could inset it by cutting out the circumference on the siding and framing it in with J channel.
Lowes sells a similar item:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/builders-edge-4...gLXIvD_BwE
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Not what you asked, but I'd use the single backdraft shutter under the wedge shaped rain shield type rather than the multi-louver types.  Those things tend to warp and not close, or at least every one I've seen connected to a clothes dryer.  May be fine on a bath vent fan, though.

Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Use a siding block / mounting block and get a siding zipper if you don't have one. Parts are pretty cheap and you fairly easily add something to your existing siding this way.
(04-05-2019, 12:40 PM)Thanks FS7. I guess I didnt make myself very clear on my predicament. You got it right''7738004 Wrote:Use a siding block / mounting block and get a siding zipper if you don't have one. Parts are pretty cheap and you fairly easily add something to your existing siding this way.
If you have a band-saw available, you can scribe a piece of Azek to the siding. I've found that just holding it against a speed square or another square block while cutting will keep the cut close to parallel to the face. You can purchase blocks that surface mount on vinyl siding so you don't have to pull panels, but the elevation is predetermined by the bottom of a course.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"