HANDTOOLS: Stanley Block and Bench planes, Starrett; sharpened D-8
First, all these Stanley planes have been disassembled, cleaned, properly adjusted. The irons have been squared off and sharpened on my Tormek, so don't cut yourselves, and the chipbreakers have been "mated" to the irons. Each is ready to be put to wood. I test them and you can see the results. More attention to honing the irons will only improve the performance. Any apologies are noted, there are no cracks in the castings, and are all original and correct for their Type - no "frankenplanes" here. Read the payment and shipping info below, I don't have paypal.
Pics that you can enlarge are here in a Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...4424319122

So lets go, in order of appearance in the album.....

First up is a Sweetheart vintage ('30s) 9 1/2 adjustable mouth block plane. Some japanning loss on toe is the only apology; 85%+ remains. Nice plane, good shape. $35 plus shipping; teaser pic:

[Image: 40576656103_012d14d542_b.jpg]

Next is a Type 17 ('42-45) Wartime #6 foreplane/short jointer. 85% japanning spotty; typical wartime features, hardwood tote and knob which are solid, Bakelite adjustment wheel, this one was drilled for a frog adjuster but they used up old stock; sole and mouth dandy. Yours for $78 plus shipping.  teaser pic:

[Image: 46627213525_8f0807c0c8_b.jpg]

Next up is a prewar Type 16 ('31-42) #3 smoother; 90%++ japanning, loss on the toe, rosewood tote and knob are solid, no other real apologies, plenty of iron. Yours for $60 plus shipping. If you've not used a #3 smoother, you'll appreciate this one. teaser pic:

[Image: 47489862482_2ac6b1d81a_b.jpg]

Next up is a Type 17 wartime #4 smoothing plane, early wartime production when they were using up parts, so you get rosewood (as opposed to hardwood) tote and knob (both solid) drilled for the steel rods used in wartime planes, interesting. Apology for a small area of rust on one cheek. Yours for $55 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 47542603181_8fcd2d6f25_b.jpg]

Next up is a Starrett combination square; the scale on this square is noted as a #36 Grad, has imperial on one edge, metric on the other, very useful and scale is in excellent condition. Checked it with my machinist square and its still as square as the day it was made. Starrett quality lasts. Yours for $42 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 46627199425_6415396139_b.jpg]

Last, but certainly not least, is a Disston, pre-1917 D8, with the old style etch that has the "8" inside the "D." Full size 26" handsaw, 8 point, crosscut. Freshly sharpened and set by me, plate cleaned and polished, ready to be put to wood. Tensioned plate still "sings" after all these years, an excellent vintage saw with plenty of plate life below the handle. Handle top horn has a chip, but is otherwise solid. A really nice saw from Disston's prime period, you can date the medallian at Distonnian Institute's site. Yours for $85 plus shipping, great addition to a handtool shop.  teaser pic:

[Image: 46627197605_d2e814f55f_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets first in line. PLEASE include your name and full shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage and print shipping labels, this avoids back and forth PMing. I don't have Paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are fine. I'm old school so please forgive me.

Quality user tools priced reasonably and ready to go. Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-05-2019, 10:41 AM)Admiral Wrote: First, all these Stanley planes have been disassembled, cleaned, properly adjusted. The irons have been squared off and sharpened on my Tormek, so don't cut yourselves, and the chipbreakers have been "mated" to the irons. Each is ready to be put to wood. I test them and you can see the results. More attention to honing the irons will only improve the performance. Any apologies are noted, there are no cracks in the castings, and are all original and correct for their Type - no "frankenplanes" here. Read the payment and shipping info below, I don't have paypal.
Pics that you can enlarge are here in a Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...4424319122

So lets go, in order of appearance in the album.....

First up is a Sweetheart vintage ('30s) 9 1/2 adjustable mouth block plane. Some japanning loss on toe is the only apology; 85%+ remains. Nice plane, good shape. $35 plus shipping; teaser pic:

[Image: 40576656103_012d14d542_b.jpg]

Next is a Type 17 ('42-45) Wartime #6 foreplane/short jointer. 85% japanning spotty; typical wartime features, hardwood tote and knob which are solid, Bakelite adjustment wheel, this one was drilled for a frog adjuster but they used up old stock; sole and mouth dandy. Yours for $78 plus shipping.  teaser pic:

[Image: 46627213525_8f0807c0c8_b.jpg]

Next up is a prewar Type 16 ('31-42) #3 smoother; 90%++ japanning, loss on the toe, rosewood tote and knob are solid, no other real apologies, plenty of iron. Yours for $60 plus shipping. If you've not used a #3 smoother, you'll appreciate this one. teaser pic:

[Image: 47489862482_2ac6b1d81a_b.jpg]

Next up is a Type 17 wartime #4 smoothing plane, early wartime production when they were using up parts, so you get rosewood (as opposed to hardwood) tote and knob (both solid) drilled for the steel rods used in wartime planes, interesting. Apology for a small area of rust on one cheek. Yours for $55 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 47542603181_8fcd2d6f25_b.jpg]

Next up is a Starrett combination square; the scale on this square is noted as a #36 Grad, has imperial on one edge, metric on the other, very useful and scale is in excellent condition. Checked it with my machinist square and its still as square as the day it was made. Starrett quality lasts. Yours for $42 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 46627199425_6415396139_b.jpg]

Last, but certainly not least, is a Disston, pre-1917 D8, with the old style etch that has the "8" inside the "D." Full size 26" handsaw, 8 point, crosscut. Freshly sharpened and set by me, plate cleaned and polished, ready to be put to wood. Tensioned plate still "sings" after all these years, an excellent vintage saw with plenty of plate life below the handle. Handle top horn has a chip, but is otherwise solid. A really nice saw from Disston's prime period, you can date the medallian at Distonnian Institute's site. Yours for $85 plus shipping, great addition to a handtool shop.  teaser pic:

[Image: 46627197605_d2e814f55f_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets first in line. PLEASE include your name and full shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage and print shipping labels, this avoids back and forth PMing. I don't have Paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are fine. I'm old school so please forgive me.

Quality user tools priced reasonably and ready to go. Thanks for looking.

Admiral,
I'll take the Starrett square.  Let me know how to pay.  Thanks!

Lonnie
PM sent for Stanley #4 and the block plane.

Thanks

Ed
All, I'm awaiting confirmation of shipping on everything but the #6; I'll update as I get the final responses. thanks for looking
All are sold. Thanks to everyone for looking.