Painting basement exterior walls
Dressing up house for new owner (to suit LOML 
Rolleyes )

North wall of walk-in basement was painted with a black waterproofer 35 years ago.  I'm going to pressure wash it.

The management wants the wall painted to match the house (Chocolate Brown) but I'm wondering what to use -- paint to stain.

What have some of you used on concrete that worked?
Confused
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Have used Behr concrete and masonry paint on concrete with good results however your situation is going to be an issue because of hydrostatic pressure. 

Now my next painting project will be painting the ugly yellow brick. The previous owners painted the trim and shutters chocolate brown and that got covered up really fast.
(04-05-2019, 10:20 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Have used Behr concrete and masonry paint on concrete with good results however your situation is going to be an issue because of hydrostatic pressure. 

Wall is fully exposed -- builder waterproofed it when he thought it was going to be covered but hill had enough slope it wasn't.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(04-06-2019, 12:11 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Wall is fully exposed -- builder waterproofed it when he thought it was going to be covered but hill had enough slope it wasn't.

Prime over it with a good exterior stain blocking exterior primer and paint to suit with an exterior latex. It can take a lot of coats cover dark colors. Primer is cheaper.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-06-2019, 05:13 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Prime over it with a good exterior stain blocking exterior primer and paint to suit with an exterior latex. It can take a lot of coats cover dark colors. Primer is cheaper.

Will this work if it was the old asphalt coating ?  Doesn't seem like it would stick to it.   You may be able to apply a elastomeric roof coating in white, then paint it with an acrylic paint in the color you want. May be able to tint the elastomeric. Roly
I'm hoping the pressure washer will remove the waterproofing to reduce the problem of bleed-through
Rolleyes

It's down the list a ways so I'll let you know what happens.
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)