So how is everyone doing today??
Everyone doing well and getting time in turning or woodworking?

Yesterday I finally got a chance to start the bed for my Grandson and cut and milled all the wood.  Some of it I bought which she wanted white wood so I got some Aspen.  I think it is the next whitest wood besides Holly.  Hopefully soon I can cut it to width and assemble together this weed or two.

So what are you working on??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I spent the whole weekend last week restoring tools I bought at auction. We have our grand daughter over for the week so not much working in the shop. However, once she's gone, I'll be restoring the back handles of a couple of Gage planes.
Hi Arlin.  We're good here.
I've been working on an old treadle sewing machine (another hobby of mine). Not really a full restore.  Just repairing, cleaning and touching things up where it's needed.
My wife picked up an old oak cabinet that needs shelves so I'm making those for her as well.
I've been doing some smaller turning projects and working on my canes too. 

An unrelated question:  Are we still doing the Easter swap?  I know I want to.
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)Rodneywt1180b Wrote: Hi Arlin.  We're good here.
I've been working on an old treadle sewing machine (another hobby of mine). Not really a full restore.  Just repairing, cleaning and touching things up where it's needed.
My wife picked up an old oak cabinet that needs shelves so I'm making those for her as well.
I've been doing some smaller turning projects and working on my canes too. 

An unrelated question:  Are we still doing the Easter swap?  I know I want to.

I am trying my hardest to finish it up with something I seen on line but it takes a lot of work.  Maybe I will just do a plain egg all dressed up.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Well first off, when your retired, everyday is Saturday so that starts the day off great!  And when I'm in the shop, nothing gets better!  Currently making some new bedroom furniture because nothing we've had over the last 40 years has matched..  Here's the first night stand (walnut and alder), unfortunately, no lathe time for this project.

Attached Files Image(s)

I really like how you did the doors. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

(04-08-2019, 11:12 PM)Sawdust60 Wrote: Well first off, when your retired, everyday is Saturday so that starts the day off great!  And when I'm in the shop, nothing gets better!  Currently making some new bedroom furniture because nothing we've had over the last 40 years has matched..  Here's the first night stand (walnut and alder), unfortunately, no lathe time for this project.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17782]

Did such a fine job there! Don't be skimmpy- hinges aren't that expensive.
Laugh
(04-10-2019, 09:46 PM)daddo Wrote: Those are the drawer fronts that are taped up to check the fit!  
Laugh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17782]

Did such a fine job there! Don't be skimmpy- hinges aren't that expensive.
Laugh
Got interested in making a canoe paddle and started last Friday, made two on Friday and 2 more on Saturday and one on Sunday.  Got a few blanks glued up for three more.  All just for fun and been out of town since Monday evening  and hope to get back to this temporary hobby this afternoon.  My other new hobby is line dance and class is at 2:00 this afternoon so the paddles will have to wait until after . . . .
Would love to see the paddles!!! 
Yes
Yes