Tuesday Blue Light Special..Brown and Sharpe Dial Caliper
This one is as good as they come..Swiss made 6" Imperial dial caliper..Most machinist and engineers will agree that B&S is as good as Starrett in all respects..The company is even older than Starrett and was a major contributor in the development of the tool that  allowed the interchangeability of parts, the micrometer.
    The only {and I mean ONLY} apology is the previous caretaker of the tool was so proud of the purchase that he put his initials lightly on the rear of the tool. You can barely see it in one photograph..And IIRC, there was a woodnetter posting a WTB recently in our S&S...I can highly recommend this one..AND...it never need BATTERIES!!!!!!!!.This caliper measures in thousandths of an inch......IOW not metric...
     Selling it for the paltry sum of $80.00 which includes shipping..The price of these calipers new is scary!!!!
Crazy ..Paypal only...USA sale only {sorry}..Thanks for looking...Jack

[Image: fullsizeoutput-3ac.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-3af.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-3ae.jpg]

Another thing...They are also an extremely accurate depth gauge.
Winkgrin
Click the photo to enlarge

<<<<<<SOLD >>>>>
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jxarchive was looking for a set like this. I couldn't find the set I'm sure I have so hopefully he's the one who bought these from you
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]